Black hole Image - Black Hole EPG Settings or CrossEPG

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,836 times. The last Post () by markeh.

• Hi,

I've been trying to get my epg's working with vu+ solo and blackhole 1.7.1. I'm using the *** / tring backup image from this forum which includes cooltvguide, crossepg and blackhole epg.

I found this guide on here: How To Setup CrossEPG and Black Hole EPG Settings - which is great but I'm still having a few problems.

Can someone please explain what these three things do? It sounds really stupid, I set up the blackhole epg and it worked (for a while), but where exactly does the crossepg come into it? I haven't even seen anything relating to cooltvguide except for in the blackhole green panel which has settings for it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• BlackHole epg and crossepg are both epg plugins, use one or the other, using both at the same time will cause a conflict sooner or later.

I use crossepg with opentv providers which works perfect and updates itself everyday.

Cooltvguide can be accessed from extensions menu, hold blue button for a few seconds.

Excellent thanks. Sorry to keep leeching information out of you lol.

How do I disable the bh epg? I don't see any options to remove it?

• it is also recommended to kill enigma before deleting the epg.dat otherwise it will re-appear once rebooted as it is held in the live memory of the receiver while enigma is running.
    To do this start a telnet session and issue the init 4 command this will stop enigma on the receiver.
    now ftp into the receiver and delete the epg.dat file once done issue the init 3 to restart enigma, you can then issue a third command shutdown -r now this command will safely shutdown and reboot the receiver.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks everyone, all working now.

Just in case anyone else as clueless as myself stumbles upon this thread, I also wanted the little channel logo's in the channel info bar at the bottom - Picons, instructions and images:

Now time to backup the image before I break anything

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Blackhole Image - EPG's” to “Black hole Image - Black Hole EPG Settings or CrossEPG”.
  • master G

Set the Label from Cool TV Guide to CrossEPG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!