sky card stopped working

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,504 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hope someone can shed some light on this,on Monday night last week my sly hd box stopped working due to a software issue came up message updating software please do not unplug your system from mains this should only take 10 mins that was 11.30pm last Monday,phoned sly and they sent an engineer out yesterday afternoon which he had never seen this before only when doing an installation anyway he replaced the hd box.
    So on Tuesday I decided that I would try the hd card in the server but it did not work,rather than me having no tv I decided to take the card which I have been using for sharing and put it in the box so I could watch tv,so after the engineer left I put the card back in the server and it only clears like discovery/history/national geo and some sly movies but cannot get any sports is this the end as the card is paired,funny thing is there are still entitlements on the card which is due to expire at the end of the month,yet the card was fine for sharing until last night any help would be much appreciated as i'm at my wits end.

best regards
    MR-T

• What colour is your Sky card? White or Red??

If it's a white one and you have put it in a sky hd receiver it will now be hardware paired to that box... If you want it to work in your server again you will need to pair it to a sky SD receiver.

If it's a Red sky card all you need to do is add your boxkey to your cam configs in the server for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi mckee25 thanks for the reply yes its a white card it has been paired to the sd box I only took it out the server so I could watch tv,so the engineer came out on sat and gave me a new hd box,so after he left I put the card back in the server and now do not get any sports channels,get discovery/history/national geo will I have to put in the boxkey again as I tried the hd card in the server and did not clear anything,i have now put the card back in the sd box and get all channels think maybe I got the boxkeys mixed up

• repair white card to sd box , FORCE SLY TO DO THIS by stateing your SURROUND SOUND DOES NOT WORK NOW AS ITS NOT SCART !

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• How (if possible) can I make sure I get a red card? for my new subscription, ?, or is it that you get what your given ?, thanks junger

• I think Sky are only sending out the red cards now bud... Last two i got were both red. The last one being a replacement for a white one due to it showing signs of burning around the chip. At least thats what i told them...

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• why would you get new card on renewal ? its a 28day rolling contract nah lol ?

if you get a red card then say it never ever came :) the longer SD DEF subs are out there there is no need to
    upgrade cards that are not really giving fcuk all is there ? or is it just me who thinks this ?

imean what ITV HD and you wanna switch cards ? when they turn off STD DEF you think HD will work ? nah it will not just work

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Hi Mate, I got a 6month 1/2 price and 6months normal charge, I have an SD Box but my white card is showng burn marks around the chip. however, you have a point about renewing my sub. I want to do another 12 months deal.

• I put the card in the sd box again and it works perfectly then if I put in the card in the server I get hee haw magraw but the entitlements show till the end of the month,last night I done the pairing method online to the sd box after doing that I took it out the sd box but have not tried it,bit wary of calling them up as the engineer was only here on sat afternoon is there no other way round this

thanks again for your replies

• White card needs to be paired to a sd receiver for it to work with premium content.
    Red card can be paired to hd receiver but will only clear premium sd content via oscam with boxkey entered.
    No way around this at the moment I'm afraid.

• White card needs to be paired to a sd receiver for it to work with premium content.
    Red card can be paired to hd receiver but will only clear premium sd content via oscam with boxkey entered.
    No way around this at the moment I'm afraid.

Also works with CCcam using the boxkey......

fI7WHhv.png

• Hi Mate, I got a 6month 1/2 price and 6months normal charge, I have an SD Box but my white card is showng burn marks around the chip. however, you have a point about renewing my sub. I want to do another 12 months deal.

You won't get a new card just by re-newing your sub...... your going to have to order a re-placement if you want the red card. Also if your re-newing with Sky for 12 months then a 50% discount for the full 12 months is the minimum you should be asking for.

fI7WHhv.png

• I put the card in the sd box again and it works perfectly then if I put in the card in the server I get hee haw magraw but the entitlements show till the end of the month,last night I done the pairing method online to the sd box after doing that I took it out the sd box but have not tried it,bit wary of calling them up as the engineer was only here on sat afternoon is there no other way round this

thanks again for your replies

i did same as you yesterday and had to do it twice as i norm do a backup power on update but they dont kick in fully no more on white SD but it updated all good on 2nd attempt

should really sort the auto update that was working until i changed Ubuntu version to16.04 :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• Thanks for the reply Honcho I tried the force update twice this morning after reading this post,i have most of the channels back like at the race/Disney/history/nat geo which I did not get before the force update least that's more than I had before I started this thread,the weired thing is it does not clear sports but I get sports mix also not clearing the movies.
    S I think i'll try the force update about 1/2 dozen time see if they will come back on,the other thing is my dreambox 800 hd (clone) has packed in has error on front display can't do nothing with it so am using an openbox f5 at the moment could this be an issue because you get that many doubler channels and have tried them all to see if the work but to no avail.

Will let you know the results if any

• Thanks for the reply Honcho I tried the force update twice this morning after reading this post,i have most of the channels back like at the race/Disney/history/nat geo which I did not get before the force update least that's more than I had before I started this thread,the weired thing is it does not clear sports but I get sports mix also not clearing the movies.
    S I think i'll try the force update about 1/2 dozen time see if they will come back on,the other thing is my dreambox 800 hd (clone) has packed in has error on front display can't do nothing with it so am using an openbox f5 at the moment could this be an issue because you get that many doubler channels and have tried them all to see if the work but to no avail.

Will let you know the results if any

leave it in stb for longer or fix the card update within oscam :) would not be doing lots of updates m8 at worst case i would calll up and say that you have been decorating and unplugged teh stb now a few chans are not clearing or do a forced reinstall whilst connected to teh phone line via the eng menu of system , 0 1 then select , then new install this needs the modem connect from stb to phone line and this should solve your issue but the oscam update will be best way forward as yah never know what they will do to systems that are avail the now ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• leave it in stb for longer or fix the card update within oscam :) would not be doing lots of updates m8 at worst case i would calll up and say that you have been decorating and unplugged teh stb now a few chans are not clearing or do a forced reinstall whilst connected to teh phone line via the eng menu of system , 0 1 then select , then new install this needs the modem connect from stb to phone line and this should solve your issue but the oscam update will be best way forward as yah never know what they will do to systems that are avail the now ;)

Many thanks Honcho I did the update with oscam and proud to say that it worked without any problems got all my channels back 100%,if it was not for this site then I would have just given up but you guys sure know your stuff when its something as simple as that so many many thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated once again,you have made an auld man happy again LOL,just need need to cancel the sly engineer who is coming on Monday LOL

best regards
    MR-T

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!