Accessing my box externally

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,318 times. The last Post () by Vinnie.

• I would like to be able to access my box when I am not in the house so that I can set programs to record and also be able to stream from it to say my mobile to watch footy

Is this possible?
    Years ago using the Vu remote app I managed to access it to set up recordings but not used thsi for so long I didn't knwo if there was a better way.

I assume I would also need a static external ip address to connect to as well?

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• First thing you need to is get a Dynamic DNS, there are free ones available, try no-ip.com.

Then install inadyn plugin (it may be installed already under network settings), and enter the information for your Dynamic DNS from above (username, password, your no-ip web address).

Then find the local IP address of your VU box, then from that IP address, forward port 80 through your router

• Great stuff.
    How would I go about streaming from it and setting stuff to record etc?
    I assume with a vu solo SE v2 genuine receiver I can do this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• To stream, look at the transcoding setting in the webif setup, there will be a port number, simply add the port number to the port forwarding rules for the IP of the VU in your router settings. My transcoding port for streaming is 8002, so you will need both port 80 (WebIF), and port 8002 (TS Stream) to view a channel. You can mess around with the transcoding settings to adjust the quality of the stream depending on upload and download speeds. You have to use an external application to open the stream, and I use VLC. You can try it locally before doing it through the web.

Its also worth setting up a password for the WebIF while your at it.

Opening port 80 will allow you to view the webif for setting up recordings.

To view a stream, turn on the channel that you want to stream using the WebIF, then click the last TV box with the white screen which then starts the transcoded stream (the blue TV is for streaming the full stream locally). You can also stream recordings through the WebIf the same way.

Other ports I use externally are 21 FTP, 23 Telnet, and I have set 3001 as the port for Oscam interface.

Edited once, last by Vinnie ().

• One more thing you need to do is give the VU a static IP address on your network: reserve the address on your router, and turn off DHCP in network settings on the VU.

That way, if your router or VU is restarted, the VU will always have the same IP which have previously used for port forwarding.

This is the inadyn.conf file, it may be easier to edit it and then ftp it to your box, think it's in the etc folder.

**** will be your details

VU+ SOLO SE PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!