Crossepg downloader BROKE

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,545 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• My cross EPG has stopped working. When I choose to download the EPG the cross EPG downloader flashes up on screen for 1 second. I have flashed the box but issue still there. Now up untill I flashed the box 3 weeks ago the cross EPG worked fine, since then I re-flashed the box to try and fix the issue, no joy. I am using vix 4.2 image not a backup image. I have 2 boxes and 1 is working 100%. any ideas folks why this issue is happening.

All settings correct for HDD-epg storage. HDD converted to right extension.
    All setting for EPG are same as on my other box

many thanks for any ideas

• Official Post

There is no issue with only one signal wire connected, provided you configure the tuners correctly. If I am mistaken, please provide debug logs and a copy of your settings file and issue can be investigated.

It is a big mistake telling the receiver that a tuner has a signal wire connected when it does not. You end up having recording failures and other tuning issues.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

• Official Post

yes Abu your right there. If you pre configure the tuners. ( Ie one feed to not configured then cross epg will be ok. )

As I said, it is a big mistake telling the receiver that it has a signal wire connected when there isn't one connected. Tuner configuration must match what is connected to it!

People with twin tuner receiver and only one signal wire connected can get more reception by using the internal loop through instead of "wasting the tuner". Some receivers need to have the signal wire connected to tuner B, Tuner A set to loop to Tuner B.

• The epg data on hdd could be corrupted, try deleting the crossepg file and the epg.dat file from hdd and try the import again , if this fails uninstall the crossepg plugin and remove all related files, and re install the plugin, which will have to be re configured before importing data

• I know its not the tuner config because I have been using the same config for ages. I will try an older version of cross epg

- - - Updated - - -

Which receiver are you using?
    Which EPG providers have you enabled?
    Are there any errors or messages?

VU solo2
    Rytech sky uk
    No errors just flashes up on screen for 1 second

• Official Post

If you want to download from the internet and not satellite, tuner configuration does not matter.

There was a rytec sources change last couple of days, not sure it is involved. Sorry, I can't help further as I don't use internet based EPG gathering yet. However, EPG/XMLTV Importer plugin is better for that purpose in my opinion. Rytec hates CrossEPG downloader. You'll get more positive response if not using CrossEPG

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Crossegp downloader BROKE” to “Crossepg downloader BROKE”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!