Stuck on "Flashing Image"

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,613 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• I have the Vu+ Solo 4k box and I have an issue with it restarting by itself after this green screen:

30073feb2480.jpg

Someone I emailed in Germany told me to do this to fix the problem:

Download this file:

http://code.vuplus.com/downloa…4k-20160808163948_usb.zip

1. Extract the zip file on your PC to an usb drive
    2. on usb drive there must be in root a folder with name "vuplus"
    3. Switch off Solo 4k
    4. Plug usb drive in
    5. switch on solo 4k
    6. now look at display. the solo 4k says you which button directly at the receiver you must push to start the update

After I did all that, I still have the small display on the box saying "Flashing Image" and stays stuck on there like forever. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

• I tried 4 other usb drives and tried putting on 3 different Solo 4k original factory images and still I am stuck on "Flashing Image". And I followed all the steps on the link :

How to install a new image on Vu+ solo 4k PDF & Video

I don't know what is wrong. I am starting to get frustrated. Do I have to put a certain image onto the usb drive?

• Nope
    just download the image of your choice.
    unzip, unrar the image file and put the uncompressed folder named vuplus on the formatted pen [best done on windows fat32]
    power off the box [from the rear rocker switch] insert pen in front usb port.
    boot the box, when prompted press the front power button.
    leave box to do it's stuff.

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

• Canthackit, I did all the steps you told me to do and still have "Flashing Image" on the small display on the box. I even tried a dif image like OpenAtv. Still dont know what is the issue. I bought a new sandisk usb drive just to see if that would work.

• Canthackit, I did all the steps you told me to do and still have "Flashing Image" on the small display on the box. I even tried a dif image like OpenAtv. Still dont know what is the issue. I bought a new sandisk usb drive just to see if that would work.

follow the guide to install image, when your ready to flash the 4k open the front flap where the cards go, there is a button to update the box when prompted press the little button NOT POWER BUTTON,
    so switch of at the rear open the flap insert usb drive in the usb port power on at the back when prompted theirs a button to the left of the usb port press that and it should update, have a look before you start, i have solo 4k OBH 0.6 in flash and BH 3.0.2.F and OPENATV in multiboot job done. but just get the flash done first how i have explained DO NOT USE POWER BUTTON hope that helps.

• I did the all the steps you said. Said "Open Atv" on tv screen and then after that , it shows the green scren again and keeps restarting and showing the same green screen. I think the problem is the Dvbapp2 cause it says Component: Dvbapp2. Couple of weeks ago I downloaded some plugins and that might be the issue, one of the plugins messed up the system.

• If you have any other usb stick on the box, then remove it before flashing, if its a plugin issue, then FTP into the box and remove them ???

• If you have any other usb stick on the box, then remove it before flashing, if its a plugin issue, then FTP into the box and remove them ???

Well I think its a plugin issue. How do ftp into the box and remove the problem? I have no idea how to do that. I think the problem is Dvbapp2 cuz it says the component is Dvbapp2, it said that during the green screen if you look at my very first post. It also shows the crash log.

• You can download flashFPX, or cuteFTP, both good file transfer programs, [ i use FlashFTP myself ]

Where do you install that, in the usb drive, computer , or in solo box? And once i have it installed, how do i get rid of the green screen?

• Where do you install that, in the usb drive, computer , or in solo box? And once i have it installed, how do i get rid of the green screen?

you install flash or any ftp client on your pc then you need to access vu, you put ip user name and passwd if set one so
    ip of stb 123.456.0.250 or what you have set it as (static ip)
    user= root
    password = if set one then you should be able to ftp into your 4k.
    hope that helps.

imo if it was me i would flash my box with open blackhole 0.6 for vu+ solo 4k its 1 of the best images to start to learn with imo.

Edited once, last by kennboy ().

• you install flash or any ftp client on your pc then you need to access vu, you put ip user name and passwd if set one so
    ip of stb 123.456.0.250 or what you have set it as (static ip)
    user= root
    password = if set one then you should be able to ftp into your 4k.
    hope that helps.

imo if it was me i would flash my box with open blackhole 0.6 for vu+ solo 4k its 1 of the best images to start to learn with imo.

I have never used FlashFXP, so you are gonna have to help me out with this. What are the next steps after installing FlashFXP? Just give me step by step clearly on how to fix the green screen problem.

• i dont know i have never had this problem when i have flashed my solo2 vu+ OBH 0.6 in flash and solo vu 4k OBH 0.6,
    the only time this green screen if something wrong with plugin, diff format mips and arm, also reading from your post you do not know how to ftp into your stb, that as always rule, 1 HOW TO FTP MY VU+ SOLO 4K
    i think you need to sit back and read the vu 4k section ! or try the web there"s loads of information and guides. just trying to help.

- - - Updated - - -

just to add there is other ftp programs.

• Official Post

What is the name of the plugin you installed? It might be possible to delete it (not the same as uninstall). This does not guarantee to stop the green screen.

Plugins are normally located in either:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

Do not delete things unless you are sure.

At some stage, you will have to resolve why you cannot flash your receiver.

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!