xtrend auto timer

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,513 times. The last Post () by geordiewhite.

• Hi, i had my xtrend9200 set up running great with my auto timers recording everything spot on,but the last few days all recordings have said they have recorded by didnt record and save into my HDD,im not sure what might have caused this.. only thing i was thinking was i recently i changed internet supplier and turned off the box and set up my broadband ect.. could this have an effect on the settings..?

• It could affect it if you are getting your EPG from the internet (rytec etc) rather than on air, but so long as your receiver is still connected to the net then it wouldn't be causing the issue if it is still getting the EPG updates.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Not sure what could have caused it but a coulple of things to check would be the hard drive - maybe try to record something manually to see if this works, also look at your timer events to make sure autotimer is polling correctly and the HDD path is as it should be.

• I can record manually and when i do i can see on the front of the box its recording as well as the red circle indicating a recording in process,but when the timer tries to record it tells me in the timer list its recording but its not recording to the HDD.

• Yes in my recording set up my hdd drive and instant recording location are the same /hdd/movie.as it happens im recording something for the mrs right now and i find i cant watch another channel like i used to be able to do ffs, lol

• So when you do a manual recording it works and records to /hdd/movie ? and when you set up autotimer it sets it up as a future event to record in /hdd/movie ? if you set up a recording without using the autotimer does this do the same and set up to record on the same path?- I assume the time and date are set correctly? When you go to watch the recorded items, it is set up from /hdd/movie and the manual recordings are there?

Another thing is it could be trying to record from a tuner or service that isn't working

• yes thats correct.. when everything is recorded it all records to the hdd,but when i try to view a timer recorded event its in there but as soon as i click to view the recording it opens only for a second and goes off.. i can quickly see the time the length of recording and its 00.00

• if that is the case then i am wondering if it is more to to with a tuner config issue, because if you try to record from the channel you are watching it records. Are you on a twin tuner setup?

• possibly is the issue then - have you looked at your tuner configuration to see that both tuners are as they should and checked the connections?

• to check this further you can try in tuner config to disable one tuner and leave the other one enabled - for example if when you are watching telly and this is fine and you are using tuner A - try disabling this tuner leaving tuner B enabled. If tuner B is working then you have ruled out an issue with the tuner

• Yes i swapped both tuners over and at the back of the box and noticed i had both tuners on my epg with tuner b highlighted,tried recording while watching another channel and it worked fine, thank you for your help Musogeek.beer10

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!