Vu+ duo component picture quality is poor

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 914 times. The last Post () by jcll.

• Hi guys,

I have a vu+ duo with VIX 2.3 and when I connect to the TV via component cables the picture quality is really poor.

It doesn't matter what resolution I set in setup\AV settings it outputs at 576i (according to the TV)

I cant use the hdmi locally as it is piped through to a 2nd room and it's the same if the hdmi cable is disconnected.

It's a half decent component cable.

Any ideas anyone? Has anyone else got component working ok?

• I have component working at 1080i on Blackhole 1.7.2.
    However, I wouldn't think the latest Vix image would be any different.

I would go into the A/V settings and change the Video output to YPbPr and then adjust the mode to 720p or 1080i.

576i may be a default mode that is always active.

• The 576i is the scart standart suitable for old tv. If having new tv full hd or hd ready adjust the AV settings in hdmi and resolution 1080i and picture is always very nice.
    Also set just scale to picture format and no black angles on tv.

• The 576i is the scart standart suitable for old tv. If having new tv full hd or hd ready adjust the AV settings in hdmi and resolution 1080i and picture is always very nice.
    Also set just scale to picture format and no black angles on tv.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The resolution has been set to 1080i and 720p and changed from hdmi to Ypbpr and still the same.I would say it's worst quality than scart. It's literally just washed out.

I'm now convinced it's VIX.

I plugged the cable onto the DVD player and picture was perfect so I'm happy tv and cable are ok.

Feel a reload coming on.....

• I have a vuduo connected to the local tv hdmi lead image bh172
    component out of vu to a balun then cat6 cable to a 2nd tv with a balun in another
    room 2nd tv set to component works fine even with both televisions active
    Regards
    jcll

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!