E2Iplayer (Iptv player) discussion

There are 3,325 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 769,397 times. The last Post () by MOHAMED_OS.

• Ha, sorry: I am not using E2iPlayer for a while now, so I don't remember which repo we're using in our version, Mario's or Bambi's - sorry for the possible confusion...

Either way, the plugin will change E2 system and other libs, as it is aggressive, if you update from within the E2iPlayer and not from PurE2 SW update!

-----One more time: an explanation of the differences between PurE2 version of E2iPlayer and all the other versions------

Now, given we use advanced versions of FFmpeg, SSL, GCC and so on, usually ahead of E2iPlayer and other images, this means PurE2 might NOT work as intended, as well as it is capable after update from E2iPlayer itself. As I warned you, PurE2 is a well integrated system, usually ahead of the curve, by comparison to other images... terrajoe is in charge of that and he setup our version of E2iPlayer.

So, we are making our version of E2iPlayer from one of the GITs (mario or bambi?). This is not a version you see in ipk format!

Important! Franc discovered there were some security flaws, if memory serves in TS player, which exposed one's box, which our coders have then removed from our build, of course.

So, our version is safer to use but the downside is that sometimes all the current changes might not be 100% up-to-date.

My advice would be not to update the plugin from E2iPlayer but either

1) wait for PurE2 SW update (subject to Terra's free time and energy) or if you can't wait

2) update E2iPlayer manually via FTP, as instructed by Panda555 or other colleagues who do this all the time...

Good luck! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Ok, I will hope that there will be an update soon. Plenty to do on the box here anyhow. Thank you for explaining in detail. Very much appreciated. Rhurbarb

• can anyone tell me how to add player skins that maxbambi has added to his version via ftp what file should i send ..i want to keep the version i have of e2iplayer just add the new feature .. thanks advance 😊

I don't recommend you to add new features manually. The best way is add over online update if you use Max git in e2iplayer.

Exist possibility that the plugin crash or new features ( new skins ) will not work properly. How I use version by enigma 1969

( and other users who use it ) it will be good to ask W@Rp if there is time for a new update with new skins and other fixes.

The latest is from 29.08.20.

• Yes but not in PurE2, for reasons mentioned above.

We have our own building GIT and it is not the same as OE-A - in some ways it is more advanced, definitely not the same when it comes to FFmpeg, SSL and so on - and they are all essential for the proper functioning of PurE2.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• gorski

When I was installed e2iplayer from feed I think it was version by Mario repo ( also with the latest online update for v. 6.2 from 12.07 for DM800SE ).

rhurbarb

Why you didn't update e2iplayer from feed in pure2 image, then from zadmario gitlab. If you have maybe pure2 v. 6.5 version in your box

then it is not recommended to add manually, only over online update as written by gorski. Maybe that's why you have the installation

problems which you described in your post above.

• Aaaa, yes, you have an older version, 'cause it's an old DB800.... ;)

• We have our own building GIT and it is not the same as OE-A - in some ways it is more advanced, definitely not the same when it comes to FFmpeg, SSL and so on - and they are all essential for the proper functioning of PurE2.

Hi, is there PurE2 for GI ET11000 4K?

No, sorry: http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.5/xtrend/

• Hi Panda, I just flashed the 13.12.2020 build pure2 v.6.5-001 then went straight into download plugins-e2iplayer (git3615+bc626f3-r24p) - rebooted - loaded e2i player version 2020/10.04.01 - configuration - update is off - preferred update server has 2 options, 1 is iptvplayer.vline.pl and the 2 option is zadmario gitlab io. I have only used pure2's server. I clicked on zadmario and went on update, went back into configeration and changed it to maxbi, rebooted and still looks the same, went back into configeration and now mosz_nowy is in the list. But I dont really see anything different when I update these repositories.. Cheers

Edited 2 times, last by rhurbarb ().

• If you are not using PurE2, maybe you should consider updating from W@Rp ??

• I have been trying all day to get the latest e2iplayer on Pure2, I know you said about security but I just wanted to say that I have done it... But I failed...

I did manage to put it on my other favourite image ;) so I am not a complte moron....but I really want to give pure2 image a go...:bulb:

• Hi Guys,

Could you please help me.

Today Enigma1962 update E2iplay with two files.

1) E2iplayer IPK

2) E2iplayer all dep

E2iplayer IPK I understand how to install IPK plugin like put plugin in extension folder

what is this all dependencies and how to install this, Is this part of E2iplayer or it is a separate thing.

Please help

• Dependencies??? Which dependencies?? Only you have to install file .ipk... That's all... Files .deb are only for Dreambox...

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

Edited once, last by saragusa ().

• Heh, I give up...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!