duplicate bouquets

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,107 times. The last Post () by tommycahir.

• Hi

I have noticed that the plug-in creates duplicate bouquets after some modifications are done in the echanneliser program to any bouquets. It is as if the plug-in doesn't see the previously created or modified bouquets.

I have raised a support ticket to the echanneliser developer and he has said the below:

So bouquets are duplicated by the plugin, right? I really would like to help you fixing this issue but I canot find any bug related to E-Channelizer.

I am hoping that you can help me understand why this happens as it is becoming more and more common as people use this program to add IPTV to bouquets and assign epg/picons to it.

Regards
    Tommy

• Official Post

I would have thought you would have used the custom sort feature and modified your sort 3 file so the bouquets were created as per your liking instead of having to manually alter them.

Anyway, upload your bouquets as created by AB 28.2 on a virgin system, the modified settings that E-Channelizer makes, and finally after running AB 28.2, all the files in /etc/enigma2 ending in .tv, .radio and .del.

• I would have thought you would have used the custom sort feature and modified your sort 3 file so the bouquets were created as per your liking instead of having to manually alter them.

Anyway, upload your bouquets as created by AB 28.2 on a virgin system, the modified settings that E-Channelizer makes, and finally after running AB 28.2, all the files in /etc/enigma2 ending in .tv, .radio and .del.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will get the files for you tomorrow am ,

When I mention changing bouquets the most common actions done with echanneliser would be to
    - create a new bouquet and import a m3u file to it
    - to alter the stream type from iptv to dvb
    - to rename a bouquet,channel or to split channels to other new bouquets etc

hope this clarifies what types of changes people were making to bouquets..

• Official Post

to rename a bouquet,channel or to split channels to other new bouquets etc

AB 28.2 can do this for you. Use the supplement file for renames. Use the sort option to make your bouquets in the order you like, with the names you want. Edit the custom_sort_3 file to achieve this.

The other two functions are on non-AB 28.2 bouquets. AB 28.2 will not touch them other than place itself on top.

Incidentally, are unlinked bouquets enabled on your image?

• AB 28.2 can do this for you. Use the supplement file for renames. Use the sort option to make your bouquets in the order you like, with the names you want. Edit the custom_sort_3 file to achieve this.

The other two functions are on non-AB 28.2 bouquets. AB 28.2 will not touch them other than place itself on top.

Incidentally, are unlinked bouquets enabled on your image?

I am not sure what you mean by "unlinked bouquets enabled" I have included a screenshot of the settings I have, I am currently on wooshbuild v5.002 (based on openatv 5.3) but have also seen this issue on a clean install of openatv 5.3

In the attached folder I have done an extract of the /etc/enigma2 folder
    - before editing with echanneliser (AB 28.2 running for a number of days with no issues)
    - after editing with echanneliser (created new bouquet, loaded dummy IPTV playlist, changed stream type to DVB)
    - after running AB 28.2 (now showing duplicate bouquets)

• Official Post

Re: Unlinked bouquets
    The way Enigma2 used to work with regards to bouquets is as follows:
    You would have your bouquet files, these are "*.tv", e.g "userbouquet.movies.tv, userbouquet.sports.tv". For these bouquets to show up, your .tv files had to be listed in the "bouquets.tv" file

In 2014 PLi introduced a feature where .tv files in /etc/enigma2 would just show. This means people can drop a bouquet file to their receiver and test it without editing anything. This feature was adopted by other teams, the default is "on" for almost all images.

The bouquets files created by LraiZer's plugin are include "ukcvs" in their names

Now that the above has been explained, interrogate the bouquets.tv files you have.

Clean:
    in your /etc/enigma2, you have ukcvs bouquets and some unlinked radio bouquets.
    In you bouquets.tv file, you only have AB 28.2 bouquets
    #SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.ukcvsXX.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

After changes by E-Channeliser,
    If you interrogate the /etc /enigma2 directory, you will find that there are no ukcvs bouquet files.
    In the bouquets.tv file, you will not find any ukcvs files too. You will find
    #SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

The error is at this stage as far as I can see. The bouquet files' names have been changed.

After changes by E-Channeliser and AB 28.2
    In the /etc /enigma2 directory, you will find that there are ukcvs bouquet files as well as the other bouquet files.
    In the bouquets.tv file, you will find both types of bouquet files.

Running AB 28.2 will mean that the AB 28.2 bouquets will be created as per programming. Your changes will be undone.

• wow thanks for the detailed explanation, I am certainly learning something new everyday.
    I really appreciate the time taken to investigate this issue and will pass on the above findings to the the guy behind echanneliser.
    Regards
    Tommy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!