Letter from sky today

There are 72 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,121 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• I keep hearing people say go the multiroom route. If you ask them for multiroom wouldn`t they give you skyQ which would be useless as you don`t get a 2nd card? or is this totally different? I tried multiroom a few years ago and got caught out as they kept sending requests to the card which didn`t reply as it wasn`t in the box which wasn`t connected to the phoneline. They threatened me with the full monthly sub so I had it taken out.

bo.

• Cheers ali for the info. What do you mean multiroom is ok after 2013? Did they stop forcing people to make sure the card was in the official receiver? I`m looking in to getting multiroom again but I don`t want to have rewiring to the upstairs bedroom when I can use my vu for this purpose.

bo.

• I`m looking at muliroom anyway because my peers sky shares on my server are very unstable at the minute. So I am looking at getting a second card. As you say, changes are afoot. So either way it`s looking like I`ll have to get a card to keep watching.

bo.

• I use my multiroom for my caravan in my official sky box and my other card in the server at home

I do think things are going to change in the near future with whats been going on just recently with cards not updating using oscam or Cccam red or white cards there as been reports of all these going off

only time will tell

out of interest what other cards are available to uk users which we can use if all fails with the use of a motorised dish

• Tell them your white card is burnt around the chip...badly. They will send a red card as a replacement. Then if you ever do need to pair your card it won't matter if you pair it to a HD box.

Sent from my Samsung S7 using Tapatalk.

Sorry my unenlightened question... But..Why won't it matter if you pair a red card to a hd box

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

• the red card works straight from original reciever & put in a 3rd party box you just need the box id for premium content [MENTION=100626]least[/MENTION] for now

Just like the old days of cccam then?. So it won't matter that it is paired up to one of the new hd boxes then? Is that right?

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

• Yes that is correct... if you pair a red card to a new Sky HD receiver it will still work in a third party receiver. You need to add your boxkey though for it to work properly in your server.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• it says on site The current Sly box you are using will no longer receive Sly services from 31/12/2016 so if thay can stop it reciving sd channels whats to say thay carnt stop every box.even sd boxes

• Yes you will get a replacement red card if your white one is damaged etc...

I think once they stop updating (kill the Thomson HD boxes) the Thomson HD receiver the boxkey that you generate from the serial number will also stop working.... oscam works out the boxkey for you but if sky remove all the thomson serial numbers from their system i would imagine it will stop the card that is paired to it from working also...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes you will get a replacement red card if your white one is damaged etc...

I think once they stop updating (kill the Thomson HD boxes) the Thomson HD receiver the boxkey that you generate from the serial number will also stop working.... oscam works out the boxkey for you but if sky remove all the thomson serial numbers from their system i would imagine it will stop the card that is paired to it from working also...

why would thay just do hd box and not sd

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!