What's my dish options?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,344 times. The last Post () by TK4|2|1.

• Hi guys,

I currently have 2x Vu+ Solo2 receivers. They are connected to 2 dishes. A standard Sky dish and a 1.2m motorised dish.

I'm moving house next year and my new landlord tells me that I am only allowed a standard Sky dish. He tells me this has nothing to do with him but the building site agreement when he bought the house.

What are my options?

I will install a standard Sky dish as that will give me everything on 28.2. However, I still want a motorised setup if that's at all possible. I have even looked for a 1.2m transparent dish (to install and hope nobody notices) but cant find 1.

Would be great to hear what other people have managed to do with the same limitations.

Many thanks

• im pretty sure you can upto a 1m dish without any problems like i have ive never heard of this before i would see if this was in the deeds or in writing somewhere is the an option to ground mount it low down bottom of the garden ect ive done that in the past with no problems

• I have used a 90cm dish with a motor attached.... i was able to pull in with no probs 28,23,19,16 & 13 E 1,5 & 30W that was from Northern Ireland.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks for the reply mrbirdseye.

Me too but that's what I've been told so I'm guessing it's in the deeds. We don't really have a garden (we do but it's tiny) and we're in a really built up area so it would need to be mounted really high on the house. Maybe at gutter height.

• Another option would be a wavefrontier t90 or similar multi lnb fixed dish, no moving parts and technically a single dish.
    Not as tidy or versatile as a motorized one but channel/satellite change would be instant.

• Get a Zone 2 Sky dish and you can motorize that. Unless you want specific channels on birds that have a tight footprint over other countries, the zone 2 dish will get you everything you need if its set up correctly.

• im pretty sure you can upto a 1m dish without any problems like i have ive never heard of this before i would see if this was in the deeds or in writing somewhere is the an option to ground mount it low down bottom of the garden ect ive done that in the past with no problems

my niece as just bought a new house and has been told told they cannot have any dish mounted on the building whatsoever by the house builders, although id just put one up and see how it goes

• i planted mine on 3 inch steam pipe cemented into the garden, its at the back of the house so nobody sees it anyway

^this. There's always a way around it. Hiding the dish low down behind a fence etc so it can't be seen from the road etc.
    Sky won't do it, but your local independent satellite guy will.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!