Help needed setting up Smargo

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,071 times. The last Post () by Mysteryman.

• I have just build a PC with Debian and CCCam - seems to have gone OK.

Now I am trying to work out how to get the Smargo Smartreader+ working. There are a few posts with instructions and they say to FTP srp_tools_x86 & srp_update_x86 to the Linux box. However, I have been unable to find these files! Can anyone tell me where I can get them from, please?

Thanks

PS. If anyone knows of a good tutorial, written for a novice, for how to do this then I would be very grateful!

• Official Post

1: Update your smartreader+ if it has v1.2 or older firmware with v1.3 in your normal PC before puting into Linux server and set it to Autoswitch and select Normal to set it to work in Linux Server.

2: In Your Linux Server.
    Copy these drivers to linux PC server. FTP 2 files:
    srp_tools_x86
    srp_update_x86
    Set on console to both file chmod 755 !

3: Run command: ./srp_update_x86
    and you see like so:
    smartreader+ version v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2 then you have time to update.

4:Remove the reader and reinsert now we start the config tool
    Run command: ./srp_tools_x86
    smartreader+ version v1.3
    MODE autoswitch
    FREQ 3.69 Mhz
    KERNEL normal

T_MODE t = 0
    EGT 0

successfully flashed the reader with new firmware.

Now we need add to CCcam.cfg new line:
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB1 smartreader+
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB2 smartreader+

• Thanks for this info - all seems to have gone OK, but, am not sure which USB port the reader is on.

I've tried lsusb and this gives information in terms of bus/device rather than ttyUSB*.
    Also tried dmesg and this gave some information buried amongst a load of errors!
    Neither were very clear - any suggestions?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!