If i change the channel with the ultimo remote it also changes the Duo

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,197 times. The last Post () by andy ray.

• Ok i got my new Ultimo today very nice piece of kit but every time i change the channel with the ultimo remote it also changes the channel on my duo the funny thing that the duo remote will not operate the ultimo at all,i tried changing the ultimo remote by using the 2+7,help 0002 option with no luck.I had a nice chat with the sites sponsor he is kindly sending me a universal remote in the post over night.I decided to get a Logitech Harmony remote today to as I have lots of devices anyway Ive download the profile for the ultimo and even the harmony operates both the duo and ultimo,i also downloaded the vu+duo profile and like the original duo remote it does not affect the ultimo in anyway.Our sponsor was totally baffled by this as you can imagine but we will see what happens tomorrow when i get the new remote,as anyone ever come across this before thanks

• The thing we're really scratching our heads on is how it can work one way but not another... The remote mode switching using the 2+7,help 0002 option is not for the Ultimo remote control as far as I understand, it is the instructions for the universal VU+ remote we sell though which is the one winging it's way to you, mode 2 is the default mode and the one which should suit both the UNO and the ULTIMO - I hope without giving the same problem of operating the DUO as well.

More than intersted to hear how you get on though, I hope it sorts the problem out, if not we can look at the other options of course but my understanding is that the universal remote will allow you to operate a DUO and and UNO in the same room/area no problem at all so I don't see why the same wouldn't work with the Ultimo, but come tomorrow I'll be interested to hear what you find.... It still all doesn't add up exactly though why it works one way and not another, but we'll worry about the whys and wheres afterwards, lets just hope this works for you

If I could have been in a position to try this out myself today then I would for sure have given it a try, not going to get chance until at least tomorrow afternoon though so seemed the best idea all round to send you the remote and let you try, good luck :)

• Just a follow up on my original post I received the new universal remote this morning sadly it made no difference,I have again spoken to the guys at Sat-Shop.co.uk and they have kindly offered to allow me to return the ultimo and i will having a dm 7020hd instead which i hope to receive tomorrow.I would like to thank the staff at Sat-Shop.co.uk for the incredible customer service and support they have given me,this is the first time I have ever used them and it will not be the last thankyou.

• No Benkurd i need both of them up and running at the same time but it will not be an issue when i get the dreambox up and running

can you no leave one of the box one stand by
    i have DM boxes the remote control are same i just leave one on stand by

• i have 3 Vu's sat one one top of the other no less than 3 feet from me.
    ultimo, duo , uno and have not had any issues like this. i changed the remote codes to 0004 on the uno and all works fine.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• It is a strange one for sure and not one that seems to make sence but I'll be making sure we get to the bottom of it one way or another soon as we've had chance once we've made sure andy ray gets a receiver that he's happy with, it's got me intrigued but it'll give me something to play about with in finding out if nothing else.... :)

• The frustrating thing is that i love the look and build quality of the Ultimo not to mention the fact that other people who have similar setup`s are not having the same issue oh well i guess these things happen and we have to move on.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!