OpenViX Software update

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,357 times. The last Post () by toothfairy.

• Switched on my solo 4K and noticed there was a software update so decided to upgrade, and
    get the usual message upgrade in progress, wait until the box reboots but that was about 50
    minutes ago,has anyone else got this, still black screen.

• If that was on Vix image, then flash latest image and restore the settings and plugins afterwards. A software updated normally makes a settings backup.

Just a couple of things to add.... the same thing has happened to me (update not installing, leaves the box hanging) when updating to version 023 on a duo2. I noticed that the update is to version 023 but this image is not available to download from the openvix website or through the image manager built into the image itself, only 022 is available.

Anyone reporting the same problem regards the latest update over at the openvix forum abu?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• hello

the same thing has happened to me (update not installing, leaves the box hanging) when updating to version 022 with openbh (solo4K) ???

• Official Post

Flash )22 for now. You can then update to 023 if you want. I'll ask Admin to FTP 023 images over.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure where to post this. Applies to all receivers.
    Taken from

Code
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54691-OpenViX-build-4-2-022-4-2-023-Please-read!

All OpenViX users please beware of the following issues when updating from 4.2.021 or older.

THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE ISSUES.

1) Some receivers may not boot if you perform an online update if your current image is 4.2 021 or older. This is due to a busybox update in OE-Alliance core.

If you are already on 4.2 022, you should be fine perform an online update

To avoid a potentially non-booting receiver:
    Do not perform an online update,
    Create a settings backup,
    Use image manager to download the latest image
    Flash/install the latest image using Image Manager (not available for solo 4k/mutant hd51)
    Restore the settings/plugins afterwards

Here is a thread with a guide to flashing and restoring using Image Manager

http://www.world-of-satellite.…tings-backup-and-Restores

If you have already tried an online update and your receiver fails to boot
    Download the latest image from openvix.co.uk
    Flash/install the image using a USB flash drive.
    Perform a settings/plugins restore afterwards. (The failed update would have created a settings backup)

Flashing guides are here

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index…iver-usb-flashing-guides/

2) The following machines have failed to build due to small build issue, these machines will skip 4.2.022:
    Gigablue Quad, Quad+, Ultra UE, X1 & X3.
    Edision OSMini and OSMini+.
    Spycat.

EDIT 22/12/2016: OpenViX Build 4.2.023 has completed and is now being uploaded to feeds. Machines in point 2 above will now have an update, these users could now experience the issue in point 1 above.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Official Post

I was on 4.2 022 and the online update has left 2 receivers hanging.

023 was only built this morning. Can you add more details of the issue please?

The issue was caused by a change in busybox. once you have gone past it with no problems, i.e on 022 or higher, performing an update to 023+ should be fine.

That is the theory anyway, so if there is a further problem, it needs to be identified and addressed if possible.

• 023 was only built this morning. Can you add more details of the issue please?

The issue was caused by a change in busybox. once you have gone past it with no problems, i.e on 022 or higher, performing an update to 023+ should be fine.

That is the theory anyway, so if there is a further problem, it needs to be identified and addressed if possible.

Last night the flashing green light was on the solo4k so I did an online update which didn't work, the box just stuck on starting. Now tonight I had the flashing light on the solo2 telling me there was an update which downloaded and again the box just hangs there. On both boxes they were on openvix 4.2 021 at least if not 022.

• Official Post

Phew! I just flashed 022 on solo 4k and updated to 023 to double check, it worked fine.

If you are on less than 022, best to use image manager to download image , flash it using Image manager. after reboot, restore settings and plugins. Image manager creates a settings backup as part of the flashing process.

The Solo4k and Mutant HD51 users, should create a settings backup, flash latest image by USB, restore the settings/plugins afterwards.

If you tried to perform an online update from 4.2 021 or older and receiver i snot booting, it has not bricked. You just need to flash image. The online update process would have created a settings backup. Flash the latest image using USB and restore the settings/plugins.

It is inconvenient. Sorry.

• Hi Abu,done a reflash of all boxes useing USB stick and all are working again, thanks for your help.

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!