Mutant HD51 - possible to improve UI & enable constant automatic recording?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,008 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hi all, hope you had a great xmas. I've got the mut@nt hd41 a week or so ago for my parents, bought from world of satellite and running VIX. It's replaced an aged and laggy humax pvr. While the hd41 is nice and snappy, the user interface seems badly thought out - for example needing to scroll through a mini-menu to select the set of channels after pressing 'EPG' to get into the EPR seems very clunky and taking unnecessary steps. Is there a way of cutting out the step of choosing which channel set/menu to instead go straight to the EPG?

Secondly, if there a way to set it up to constantly record automatically so that you can simply pause/rewind live tv? I've tried looking though the settings and the best I've managed to find is assigning 'timelapse' to a button on the remote, but this still needs you to set it up and start recording each time you change channel. I know I'm new to this box, but currently as it is it doesn't really function as a useable PVR and so I'm thinking of returning it to replace with a box thay does this, and I'd need to make that decision in the next few days. Thanks a million in advance for any help/advice!

Tom

for example needing to scroll through a mini-menu to select the set of channels after pressing 'EPG' to get into the EPR seems very clunky and taking unnecessary steps. Is there a way of cutting out the step of choosing which channel set/menu to instead go straight to the EPG?

Depending on how it's setup, the epg button on the remote should do it for you.

Secondly, if there a way to set it up to constantly record automatically so that you can simply pause/rewind live tv?

Setting up timeshift should sort this out also.
    I've attached the openvix manual for you, all your issues are explained within it
    P21 for autobouquets maker (channel lists)
    P26 for EPG
    P58 for timeshift settings (will need hdd mounted first P56)

• Official Post

I prefer selecting channels from the Bouquet list. OpenViX has the TV/Favourite button assigned for this.

If you insist on going to the EPG system, you can show the bouquets by also pressing the TV /Favourites button

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

• master G

Added the Label Recording & Timers Support

Mutant - All Models

Mutant enigma2 models. Support, images & downloads for Mutant HD500C, Mutant HD1200, Mutant HD1500, Mutant HD51 4k, Mutant HD11 and Mutant HD60 4K.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!