box stuck loading

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,992 times. The last Post () by geordiewhite.

• Hi, i tried to ftp some music files to my media player then restarted the box but now the box is stuck, its says starting on the vix image but the box says booting.. i cant access the box via ftp any ideas please.

• Try removing any devices (usb drives, HIDs etc) connected to the receiver then try to reboot. Maybe even try to remove the internal HDD if there is one connected and try again. If it reboots, the issue will be something to do with maybe a bad device or corrupt drive causing it to freeze on boot. If it still doesn't work and you can't FTP in the box, then you might have to reflash, and you will have learned a lesson that it is good to back up your image often!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• do you think a re flash might be a good idea ive not even looked inside one of these boxes tbh and can you reccomend a vix image to flash as ive heard you can brick the box if i dont flash a bootloader or something,, any help would be appreciated, and yes ive learned a valuable lesson.

• probably something to do with the file structure - make sure the USB stick is formatted first, and then unzip keeping the directory structure of the original zip file, in other words, when you unzip make sure it doesn't create an extra folder, and if it does, don't copy the extra folder, copy instead the unzipped folder that it contains. The folder that goes on the USB stick should be 'et9000' and inside this folder there should be the bootloader files.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• still no joy, when i boot the box it just says starting then after 15 mins it says loading then the vix sign kicks in and says the reciever encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted.. says its going to restart in 10 seconds but is stuck on the page.

• Finally got my xtrend sorted i didnt need the bootloder as its already pre installed by the VIX team,i just needed to reflash the box so im on my way, now i think i just need to ftp the ccam files to my box..? At least now ive learned a lesson or 2 and now know how to reflash ect.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!