Any sat box work with usb webcam?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,896 times. The last Post () by RobertF.

• Hi all,

I'm looking for a satellite box that would accept a usb webcam to stream over the lan?

Is anyone aware of any box that can do this? A built in webcam would be even better!

Cheers

Robert

- - - Updated - - -

More specifically, does anyone know if there is a receiver that has available images/firmware built with UVC video drivers and audio drivers in the kernel?

• Re device, I am looking to buy any device that fits my requirements so would like recommendations for which device can accept a webcam connection.

I would like to plug in a usb webcam into the device for remote tech support and management of the box so that I can see what happens on screen when I am not in front of it.

All I really need is uvc video drivers in the linux kernel and wonder if any technically minded linux person can confirm if the uvc drivers are available in any of the custom firmwares to help narrow down my search for finding a suitable box.

• i use teamviewer on a pc, then just goto webif of the box screen grab and use on screen remote works surprisingly well, my sister and brother are always messing something up with sat boxes android boxes or there pc's teamviewer does all of them

• Thanks for the info master G and dazza19.

Enigma2 sounds good, I like the webif option... looking into a Edision OS Mini.

master G: re the CamoFS-IP Cam Surveillance Plugin. That seems to just be a viewer for other cameras on the ip network. I am looking to plug in a USB webcam into the Enigma2 box and then access it's stream on a different network client/pc which I don't think that plug-in is designed to do?

Noticed that Enigma2 has access to the IPKG repository which I have experience with on openwrt. Is there a published list of available repository packages online?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!