Time for upgrade

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,374 times. The last Post () by Satmeter.

• Hello All,

I currently have a Gigablue quad and thinking of a change. I have twin sat and cable but thinking of just cable. Been looking at VU+ duo2 or ultimo 4K. Don't need 4K yet but looking specs mainly. Only thing that sways to duo2 is I use openvix but no openvix for ultimo 4K yet. I fancy trying black hole so may not be an issue.

Any help would be great. Thanks

• Hi

As far as the image goes thats very subjective, but As for Receiver goes I just bought my Ultimo4k dual sat/dual cable and used 1tb hdd from duo.
    I like vU+. I had vu+duo for last 6years. Done me good.
    I allways been using BH images.
    Ultimo4k is very good, images are comming slowly.
    It does not work with CCcam, you have to convert to different Cam. I converted to oscam.
    I Got the sat side working with lots help from forums and trial/error.
    I starting to play with Cable now.
    I had the box for 3 weeks
    still learning

• Hello, could you please tell me your experience with Gigablue? Why do you want to change to Vu+? I have Duo2 for satellite and terrestrial (not cable here), but I suspect that Gigablue is better (just not tested yet). Also, Gigablue 4K box is coming next spring, and new satellite standard DVB-S2X will be supported. The same for Octagon SF4008, not Vu+ at the moment. Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!