Dish problem with Vu+duo

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,184 times. The last Post () by Jono.

• Hi I have a VU+DUO dual tuner receiver connected to a motorised dish from time to time it will not move the dish then I have to go back to my old receiver to make the dish move a pain in the backside as its a great receiver ,can anyone explain why this receiver does this from time to time and how can it be fixed

• hi, I too have the same problem with my vu duo, it seemed to happen after installing the blackhole 1.70 image, I then tried the pli image and it worked ok sometimes. after trying an old technomate box it seemed to drive the motor ok, then I tried another stab motor on a short lead on the vu and tm and compared it with the tm, the tm drove the motor faster, so I don,t know for sure if the problem is firmware or hardware related but i suspect its a firmware problem. have you tried any other images?

• At least someone else has got the same problem so it could be the box or the image will have to try a new image and see from there will post my findings later this week thanks for the reply

• today I tried the backup blackhole 1.7.1 image from this forum then after setting up the usals for my area and restarting gui all seems to work ok, so maybe it is a firmware prob after all as my cables etc check out ok.

• Hi this is my findings:using the dual tuner 2 cables connected to dish & 2 cables to the receiver configured the 2 tuners one to advanced and the other to equal had it on 28.2 can record 1 programme or more and watch another programme without any problems once the recording off both channels have finished I can now move the dish now for the fun bit!! try to move the dish say to 13east will not move or to any other satellite but once I go into my tuner settings and disable the 2nd tuner to not configured the dish will move to any satellite without any problems,has anyone else have this to do and if I want to record and watch another programme at the same time I have to go back into my settings to enable the 2nd tuner to equal

• So you have a single motorised dish but with a twin LNB on, one that loops through the motor then to Tuner A and the second the goes direct to Tuner B, or are there two seperate dishes involved here?

• Hi this is my set up I have a a motorised dish with a twin lnb and yes one cable that loops through the motor then to Tuner A and the second cable goes direct to Tuner B

• Leave your Tuner A setting as it is and try changing Tuner B to:

Configuration mode: second cable of motorised dish

That should solve your problem, at the moment your DUO thinks both tuners are able to control the motor where as only Tuner A really can (as it's the one that loops through it), changing to the above should correct it so the DUO sees it just as it is.

• Thanks guys had the same problem now all sorted !

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!