Change FTP and telnet ports

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,191 times. The last Post () by agrima.

• Hi. I would like to change the default ftp and telnet port ( 21 and 23 respectively) to something like 6021... I this way I will be able to remotely access my VU box rather securely.
    Somewhere I read that you have to edit the file "services" in var/etc folder but this file refuses to change the data.

Anyone can assist?

Thanks

• why not leave them as default internally and "map" them to a different port externally within your router??
    var/etc /services is for E1, etc/services is E2..
    Most likely you cannot edit the file because you haven´t right-clicked using the mouse to EDIT it...
    Note of caution : make a backup of all your settings before you start toying round with this taking notes of TCP and UDP settings..
    I reckon the only thing you´re going to gain from all this is a headache, I mean to say that no matter what port(s) you open,
    they will be all scanned and if your passwords are weak they´ll be compromised in little time...
    I recall a few threads regarding this or similar in the VU+ or ENIGMA HOW TOs....
    So try using the searchbar top right ..

• Hi Cazuela. Thanks for your reply. I am editing the file and have also checked its attributes and confirm that they are set to edit. I press the save and close the file. But when I open it again, it reverts to ports 21 and 23. At the moment I am using a different external port that is routed to these ports but, I think that it would be more secure if I change these ports as well.
    Thanks again.

VU+ ZERO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!