HDR support?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,007 times. The last Post () by safcsat.

• Anyone know if any of the current test UHD channels, broadcast HDR?

I have an LG OLED65E6V which handles HDR no problem, but can't find any channels to kick HDR mode in.

I can play 4k HDR media files via the device and it changes to HDR mode on the TV, so thats a good sign I think!

• Broadcast Satellite will only support the HLG Standard for HDR so the OLED E6V not only has to have the HLG firmware update (Supposedly later this Year) but also the Vu Solo 4k also has to have HLG activated in the drivers.

There are currently 2 test channels broadcasting in HLG, Travel XP and the HLG Teststream LG on satellite.

I also own an E6V mate and i am in the same boat when we get the HLG update you will be able to use the inbuilt sat tuner on the E6 to display HLG (HDR) material even if VU dont update the Solo4K.

By the way the Solo 4K does do HDR the driver update was in December 2016 so there should be no problem in getting an update for HLG as well

Fingers Crossed

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!