tv ariel affecting sat.

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,149 times. The last Post () by romman.

• hey ppl.just another curious silly question,was checking out an ariel the other day{soarview},when i disconnected the existing ariel from tv,my vu duo stoppped working,cant understand why,just to give ye an idea of my setup.theres 2 tvs connected to saorview booster,then theres 2 tvs on sat,everythings on individual cables ,no digitizers, splitters etc.anybody any logical reason why 1 would effect the other,cheers lads,n ladies

• There is no technical reason that should happen ! The duo doesn't even have an RF loop through ? As Musogeek says we need detailed info of what wasn't working ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• yes i know it shouldn get affected,i simply plugged out ariel from the back of tv to put in other ariel i was testing,as soon as i took it out of tv the picture just frooze,the picture from vuduo ,which was on astra ,so i checked hotbird and that was fine.i plugged ariel back in and picture returns.simples

• I am wondering if it is an earthing issue, sure a dish installer or electrician will correct me on this but if the aerial and dish are somehow earthing through the TV aerial then it may be relying on your TV aerial being plugged in so it can earth - just a guess really!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks.good theory,but would you not think that if it was gona take an earth off anything it would be from second tuner,which seems fine,path of least resistance an all that.

• you would think so but I am arriving at that from a symptoms to possible cause of sypmtoms point of view! - so further investigation of the way all the wiring and dish/aerials are set up would rule this out, but also possibly add to the mystery:misdoubt:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Does not make any sense whatsoever that especially when your duo is connected via hdmi? 2 tvs connected to sat do you mean 2 tvs connected to duo or 2 seperate receivers?

Another thing is your tv might not like connections being plugged in or taken out while its still on or there is a short maybe at tv end or cabling but still a strange one as you should still be able to put a shorted aerial connection into a tv without that happening.

Try on hotbird and unplug aerial as terrestrial and satellite signals are on a completely different platform and should not affect just 28.2 signals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!