Howto: Oscam watchdog

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,392 times. The last Post () by pappaalfio.

• Official Post

Howto: Oscam watchdog

Oscam is capable of restarting its self on errors/seqfaults. But I wanted to make sure that Oscam is "REALLY" handling some traffic (doing its job properly).
    And here comes the Oscam watchdog into play. The idea of the watchdog is quite simple.
    If no successful ECM's are logged within a defined time frame, then the Oscam is started again.

Copyright:

All presented information and code is released under the terms of the GPL-v3 licence

Prerequisits:

- Oscam started with level 1 debugging option. Just look at the init script from the first howto.

Code
    -d 1

Installation:
    We are going to create two scripts. One is the Oscam watchdog daemon, that will run as a proccess under GNU-Linux.
    and a init script for the Oscam watchdog.

Code
    touch /opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh
    touch /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog
    chmod +x /opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh
    chmod +x /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog
    ln -s /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog /etc/init.d/
    update-rc.d oscamwatchdog defaults

Copy the following code into "/opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh"

Copy the following code into "/opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog"

Now you can start stop status the Oscam watchdog by running

Code
    service oscamwatchdog start
    service oscamwatchdog stop
    service oscamwatchdog status

Every time you add a new Oscam instance you have to add it to the variable "OSCAM_SERVERS" in "/opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog"
    and stop and start the watchdog.
    There are also the variables "CHECK_INTERVALL" and "MAX_RETRY" in "/opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh"
    With "CHECK_INTERVALL=60" the watchdog will check every 60 sec. This is a reasonable values since it would not stress your system.
    Decreasing this value will put more load on your system.
    With "MAX_RETRY=4" you tell the wathdog to restart/start Oscam if no ECM's are seen after 4 minutes.
    Higher values are better to avoid alot of disconnection/reconnection ... when you are connected to other servers.

Cheers!

All credit to copyleft from oscam.to

• Official Post

Howto: Oscam watchdog v1.2
    By copyleft

Copyright:
    All presented information and code is released under the terms of the GPL-v3 licence

Prerequisits:
    - Oscam installed using the init scripts from "first howto".
    - Oscam started with level 1 debugging option. Just look at the init script from the first howto.

Code
    -d 1

Installation:
    We are going to create two scripts. One is the Oscam watchdog daemon, that will run as a proccess under GNU-Linux.
    and an init script for the Oscam watchdog.

Code
    touch /opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh
    touch /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog
    chmod +x /opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh
    chmod +x /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog
    ln -s /opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog /etc/init.d/
    update-rc.d oscamwatchdog defaults

Copy the following code into "/opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh"

Copy the following code into "/opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog"

Now you can start stop status the Oscam watchdog by running

Code
    service oscamwatchdog start
    service oscamwatchdog stop
    service oscamwatchdog status

Every time you add a new Oscam instance you have to add it to the variable "OSCAM_SERVERS" in "/opt/oscam/init/oscamwatchdog"
    and stop and start the watchdog.
    There are also the variables "CHECK_INTERVALL" and "MAX_RETRY" in "/opt/oscam/bin/oscam.watchdog.sh"
    With "CHECK_INTERVALL=60" the watchdog will check every 60 sec. This is a
    reasonable values since it would not stress your system.
    Decreasing this value will put more load on your system.
    With "MAX_RETRY=4" you tell the wathdog to restart/start Oscam if no ECM's are seen after 4 minutes.
    Higher values are better to avoid alot of disconnection/reconnection ... when you are connected to other servers.

Cheers!

• good morning,

I have problems ( stop of vision) with alone oscam on Vuduo, ( random buy with oscam running in ps), and I would want to know if it is possible to make to turn these scriptses in my decoder.
    I think that, because of the busibox reduced of the decoderses E2, will want us quite a lot changes.

I ask therefore if someone has already adapted these scripts for decoders E2.

Thanks

sorry for my "google english"

ex Italysat Team

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!