KodiLite Discussion (addon errors, new addon requests etc.)

There are 2,968 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 366,650 times. The last Post () by toti.toti.

• Buongiorno volevo sapere se questo file allegato e' un problema che posso risolvere o non sta funzionando

o ho sbagliato ad installare qualcosa. mentre altri plugin funzionano

sto usando kodi 9.1 su openatv 7.1 dm920 grazie

Hello I wanted to know if this attached file is a problem that I can solve or it is not working

or I was wrong to install something. while other plugins work

i am using kodi 9.1 on openatv 7.1 dm920 thanks

please write in english

• Greetings Friends, I want to tell you that I deleted the Greek files and turned on Kodi 9.1 and tried all the add-ons that you released for it, so I can tell you that all the add-ons crash the system, so with this file of errors made during testing. So these are errors only on the tested KODI, there are no other tests on them

• Ok sorry my friend would prefer the ipk file to come out easier to install sorry

~ KODILITE 9.1R1 ~

Added 9.1r1 (trial version)

20221105 9.1r1

-major fix

-removed adnutils

-settings add (moved)

-recoded script.main

-recoded all .py files

-improve speed

-improve poster fix

-config on Menu Button

-tmdb/imdb on Info/Epg Button

And here last addon

linuxsat-support.com/thread/?postID=689696#post689696

;)

Do not take even a minute away from the affection of those who love you: you would not have time to recover it!

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• did install the 9.1r1 IPK over the 9.1 .... after update all my plugins are gone.

"nice" no i can download weeks to get it all back :-(

Overshot the target, existing extensions can be overwritten but none simply completely deleted!

are you sure what you say?

does an installation of an ipk plugin make the other plugins disappear?

I don't think this has happened to others who have already done so

Can you explain better what you did to install the plguin, the various steps?

what box do you have, what image do you have, maybe the problem was not in the kdl ipk or maybe yes, but I await others to confirm this statement
    Regards

Do not take even a minute away from the affection of those who love you: you would not have time to recover it!

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• This has happened to me on 2 occasions for both 9.1r0 and 9.1r1 and is most frustrating. Luckily I had all the additions stored in a separate folder and was able to re-install them all again. Openatv 7.1 on vu+ solo 4k.

• i show control and preinstall file for ipk file

PREINST

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

if [ -d /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite ]; then
      rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite > /dev/null 2>&1
    fi

exit 0

POSTRM (REMOVE IPK)

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

if [ -d /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite ]; then
    rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite > /dev/null 2>&1
    fi
    exit 0

CONTROL (INFO FOR FILE)

Here are setting for show plugin KL in plugins browser in plugin.py

the .ipk or .deb file is nothing more than a compressed file, which can execute instructions thanks to scripts (previously mentioned), there is no written remove or hide plugins.

The preinst does nothing but check if there is an old version and remove it

Then we proceed to extract the "data" file present in .ipk

For the removal it uses the "postrm" file, it removes the plugins folder and the scripts mentioned

We need to understand why they disappear: are the plugins folders present deleted?

there is a specific error on the screen? there is a crash with relative log?

I personally tested the installation file and it never happened to me

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• There was no error just screen after screen of data about removing stuff. I will later or perhaps tomorrow morning uninstall and start as if fresh with 9.1r0 and install some zips and then update to 9.1r1. Where would I look for the plug-in folders?

• if you are referring to the kodilite addon folders, as I said before, the ipk file removes the old version completely, even the addons. (the zip so to speak) which are in the kodilite folder

all plugins (most image plugins are placed here)
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

here there is Kodilite, as there is xcforever, as there is Xtreamitly and others

here are kodilite

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodilite

here plugins VIDEO of Kodilite

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodilite/plugins
    here are scripts

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodilite/scripts

hence, all that is present here

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodilite

will be removed

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• I think he means the addons inside kodilite, it happened to me too but I put everything back without problems

It is obvious, many files were deleted in the next version and many could no longer remain in their place, in compilation those files were no longer good, hard work was done for this, you can always compare in pythonstyle, even the way of writing and indemnification.

Now it is easy to spot errors, if we do an update without deleting the files inside kodilite, we make a soup and a very heavy folder in megabytes ..

I can say that kodilite is now 80% compatible with PY3 and PY2

I am not sure of all the addons you will insert, I cannot control what you insert in your boxes.

But a little bit of effort in backing up a folder of plugins or scripts ..

(The fact remains that there are scripts (added to updated kodilite v.9.1r1 and PY3 compatible. So if you put the old evrsions back, don't write that kodilite doesn't work

:shushing face:  :smiling face:

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!