Help needed to understand Hops and Reshare!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,802 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Sorry, but, this is a fairly basic question!

I have 2 boxes....

Linux-PC

• I use this as card server
    • In the cccam.cfg file are C-lines and F-lines for the people I share with
    • All of them show up in CCCamInfo as Reshare of 1 or 2.
    • In the cccam.cfg file I have a line "F: DM500HD DM500HD", which is to enable me to share with my DM500HD receiver.

DM500HD

• In the cccam.cfg file I have a line "C: 192.168.0.88 12000 DM500HD DM500HD yes"

I expect that cards I am sharing will appear on the DM500HD as 1 hop more than they do on the Linux-PC. However, the numbers don't seem to match up.

Linux-PC: 1 local card, 23 Hop1, 584 Hop2
    DM500HD: 7 Hop1, 22 Hop2, 119 Hop3

There are 2 issues I see with this:

• Why does it think I have 7 Hop1 on the DM500HD? I would have thought it should be just 1 (for the local card)
    • Why are there a lot less Hop3 on the DM500HD than there are Hop2 on the Linux-PC? This means I am not accessing all the cards I need to.

Hope somebody can help me understand all this and, even better, to suggest ways to fix

• for question 1 - are you sure you don't mean you have 1 card on hop 1, but 7 downhops for resharing? your fline does not define your reshare level for your local card so this is quite likely.

for question 2, you are sharing from your server to another receiver, so that means that your client receiver is one hop down from your server, therefore you will only be able to see the cards from your server in which you have a reshare.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• for question 2, you are sharing from your server to another receiver, so that means that your client receiver is one hop down from your server, therefore you will only be able to see the cards from your server in which you have a reshare.

Thanks for reply.

Does this mean that now I have moved from the previous setup of using the DM500HD as card server to using the combination of Linux-PC/DM500HD that I have reduced the number of cards I have access to? Is there any way to restore the full compliment of cards?

• Thanks for reply.

Does this mean that now I have moved from the previous setup of using the DM500HD as card server to using the combination of Linux-PC/DM500HD that I have reduced the number of cards I have access to? Is there any way to restore the full compliment of cards?

Yes that is correct - a couple of things you could do, firstly, increase the amount of peers, secondly, you could put your best lines in the receiver, thirdly, you could only share your cards and not your hops, so then you can keep the lines you receive from your peers on your receiver. The third option might annoy existing peers so maybe a combination of the first 2 options is the best way to go!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yes that is correct - a couple of things you could do, firstly, increase the amount of peers, secondly, you could put your best lines in the receiver, thirdly, you could only share your cards and not your hops, so then you can keep the lines you receive from your peers on your receiver. The third option might annoy existing peers so maybe a combination of the first 2 options is the best way to go!

Thanks for reply.

I have taken a couple of the C-lines and copied to the DM500HD. They show up as working OK on the Linux-PC, but, cannot connect on the DM500HD. Do I need to do something else to get them working? Maybe, they can only be in one of my boxes.

• Do I need to do something else to get them working? Maybe, they can only be in one of my boxes.

They work only in one box, delete them from the first box ( Linux p.c. in your case ) or put # at the beginning of the line.
    If not, your peers will see you as double loggin and will delete you.

• They work only in one box, delete them from the first box ( Linux p.c. in your case ) or put # at the beginning of the line.
    If not, your peers will see you as double loggin and will delete you.

Thanks! Fairly sure they have not deleted my line, yet. Is there a technical reason why it would not work?

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!