ecm time slot for a hop one

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 851 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Is there a ecm time slot for a hop one, considering it comes from a local. what about 0.9 or 1.5, surely that cannot be a feed of a local?.
    Thanks
    junger

• depends on the card, i've got friends getting .091 from a cache hit on my csp server and a direct hit at about .155

• It isn't that simple. Consider this. I have a local sly FTV card. It takes upto 100ms for it to serve an ecm request. I have a JSC sports card. It takes 300ms to serve an ecm request, and topping that is my MTV Unlimited, which takes 600ms.

Depending on where your server is located, it could take between 40 and 200ms for the server to respond, and add this to the time it takes for their card to respond. As well as this, there can be network trafffic, stuff going on on your network, their server might be busy.... etc

when making a judgement you do need to consider all of this!! - but once you understand what can effect ecm times, you can make a better judgement!!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for that
    When I look at cs studio, the ecm time to my peers is always under .2 secs or 200ms, when I look at my incomming shares on the box, they are all over the place, some are freezing, some are frozen for 10secs or more. I am just trying to establish if the share is in fact a local.
    Thanks
    junger

It isn't that simple. Consider this. I have a local sly FTV card. It takes upto 100ms for it to serve an ecm request. I have a JSC sports card. It takes 300ms to serve an ecm request, and topping that is my MTV Unlimited, which takes 600ms.

Depending on where your server is located, it could take between 40 and 200ms for the server to respond, and add this to the time it takes for their card to respond. As well as this, there can be network trafffic, stuff going on on your network, their server might be busy.... etc

when making a judgement you do need to consider all of this!! - but once you understand what can effect ecm times, you can make a better judgement!!

• the ecm times from your local to your peers will report the same time as your local ecm time you get when you are viewing. This is because it isn't taking into account the journey from your network to your peers network, so they will see it differenly from you!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!