sharing between a dm500 and dm800 and maybe an azbox

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 740 times. The last Post () by tapfit2004.

• hi.

i have the jsc 1-10 card shared between my dm800 (server), my dm500 and my azbox (both clients) for over a year without any problem.

i was thinking of getting set*nta or s** sports and doing the same. i read reports of cards heating up and burning in the dreambox internal card reader.
    i'm using the dm800 as the server for jsc so i was thinking of using the dm500 as the server for the new card as its a secondary box and is used very little.

do i need to get an external card reader for the dm500 or do i need to get a smago reader and use it in the dm800 to avoid the heating issue?

i have read elsewhere that using os*am and c*c*m together would solve the problem but i cant find a recent post that confirms this. (i did have this setup and working on the dm500 a while back but went back to just c*c*m when i last updated the image).

the dm800 is using blackhole image and c*c*m 214, the dm500 is using openpli and c*c*m 211. both work ok but if i needed to change the images or cams that would be no problem.
    the azbox is using e2 spaze at the moment so i'm just going to use it as a client as it works ok like that as is.

• if you are only sharing internally then Oscam is probably your best bet, not because CCcam will melt your card, but because there are channels that won't work with CCcam. Your sly card won't melt unless you are clocking it more than 500Mhz -and there is no reason to overclock your card - again overclocking cards is just an effort to make a server faster and this is more to do with external shares.

Read about the positives - i think too many people search the net for people who have had problems - spend the same amount of time reading the positives and you will get a balanced view.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks for that, was away for a few days so only saw your reply now.

i'll take a chance on the new card and i'll set up oscam again on one of the dreamboxes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!