Plusnet.

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,501 times. The last Post () by multipack.

• I am with Plusnet, in my 3rd year with them. Apart from the length of "hold time" whilst accessing support, I have found their service to be exemplary. Regards.

M.

Same with me, the TV advert is very misleading you may get support but being on hold for 40 minutes is normal, and the auto change over system has been known not to work, so if you haven't changed over to them on the day they say phone them and they can do it manually
    Apart from them niggles the speeds and uptime are rock solid

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Plusnet for me as well, had issues with loads of connection dropouts initially but since binning the plusnet supplied modem and router and replacing with unlocked huawei modem and cheap tp link router have had no issues. Long wait time to get through to customer services but they are helpful and sound surprisingly human when you do manage to speak to them. I am on the advertised 40mb down 2mb up plan and actually receive 38 down and 1.9 up which is excellent for my location. Both BT and Sky my previous suppliers at this address got nowhere near the advertised speed and fluctuated like mad. Been with plusnet 18 months now and since the hardware swap 16 months ago have had no downtime.

• Been with Plusnet for four years on good old dial up

Get 17 down and 1 up

I put my crappy modem in bridge mode and use a Xiaomi router 3 (Padavan firmware)

£2.50 a month for my tinternet and never had a problem, it just works

And we absolutely hammer it, two enigma boxes, 4 gaming rigs, 2 sony android tv's, several laptops

• I've been with Plusnet for nearly 2 years this time round, used to be with them a few years back as well.
    Never had a problem with them & I find their customer service to be spot on, calls are answered pretty much straight away. I do have a business account with them though as I wanted a static IP address, so perhaps this is why they answer the phone a bit quicker to me :D

• UPDATE:

All up and running a few glitches and was using Plusnet router . wifi not good.

Went and bought a TPLINK TD -W9970 ROUTER.

Setup ok and got wifi on my S7 and another Pc connected as well.

I am trying to connect my solo4k but can not see anything in config for attached devices

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!