Tuner errors after flashing OpenATV

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,391 times. The last Post () by hombre.

• What why have u got your tuners configured??? Did you check cables at back of the box??
    Vix is
    Menu,setup,service searching,tuner configuration
    Tuner A single 28.2e
    Tuner B single 28.2e
    Tuner c,d,e,f etc sud be set to FBI automatic

• Your right.

The dish moved, which is odd as I've not had need to move it at all since before having the vu+ solo 6 years ago.

I had both tuners set to Advanced with Satellite set to 28.2 before this hiccup.

As the image I flashed was setup for a motorised dish I can now see that by scrolling through the EPG I could of inadvertently click on a different sat bouquet.

So I have now setup my location with long/lat in Tuner setup for USUALS (I'm sure the motor can use DiSEqC but no idea how to set it up)

I read a few tutorials but not one that actually got me back up and running again.

I can move the dish manually via the positioner setup.

The tuner and positioner setup seems easy but I'm obviously missing something.

If I can't get it back to 28.2 I can always get an installer to sit on a ladder with his tuner plugged in as I move the dish manually.

Many thanks,

hombre

vu+ solo 4K (1m motorised, not moved in years) - Nvidia Shield (2017) - Fire TV 4K

Edited 3 times, last by hombre ().

• Roughly guessing from your IP, take note that setting up USALS:
    LONG -2..... means 2....West as many have failed with this before...
    Just a shot in the dark but might have been overlooked...
    Strong winds/gales could easily knock off big dishes,especially if you lived on the coast..

• Can anyone give me a step by step guide for setting up a positioner?

The manual doesn't cover it.

I tried moving the dish east to west and looking forward a signal spike for 28.2 in the positioner setup SNR: but I didn't see a blip.

Is there a way to setup the positioner without first locating a satellite.

I tried setting the tuner with sat for 19 & 28.2 e and then a scan but all that did was move the dish west, east and back to west again.

Get a little frustrated.

I'll get a satfinder off Amazon and see if my neighbour will climb the ladder.

It's hard having to rely on others for things you could previously do yourself.

Many thanks,

hombre

vu+ solo 4K (1m motorised, not moved in years) - Nvidia Shield (2017) - Fire TV 4K

• I received the sat finder this afternoon and now back on 28.2.

The SATLink WS-6933 Satellite Meter DVB-S/S2 is soooooo easy to use. Especially when my dish has a multi lmb.

Connected the lmb feed that isn't controlling the motor to the finder. Set the finder to 28.2 then moved the dish manually and await the finders beeps.

A really decent piece of kit.

Many thanks,

hombre

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!