Amiko Alien 2+ Tuner B problem

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,463 times. The last Post () by thegreatcornholio.

• Hi, this is my first linux receiver bought secondhand from ebay about 4 weeks ago. I have got it mostly set up and working thanks reading forums, but not sure now if it is faulty, I have done something wrong or a querk of the box or firmware, but the only way I can get tuner B to work is to set it as loop through from tuner A and run a cable from tuner A loop to tuner B in.

I have 2 feeds from a quad lnb, one is direct (B) and one goes though a 4 way DiSEqC switch (A) with 3 other lnbs on a troidal dish. If I plug either of them into Tuner A I get a signal, so the dish and cables are ok. It also works fine in spark mode, which would suggest the hardware is ok, but in Vix4 if its recording or I force it to Tuber B in settings I just get no signal message on screen. I also tried fooling it by setting tuner B as loop from A in settings and connecting tuner B to the lnb, worked until I chnged the channel.

Any assistance much appreciated.

• Probably need more configuration details. With enigma2, when you tune a channel which is available on two different tuners, it "should" use the tuner with the least number of LNBs connected to it ( leaving you the biggest number of still available channels to watch once one of the tuners is busy.) So, by your description, it should be trying to use tuner B before tuner A. So, I am not sure why you need to "force" it to use tuner B? Have you tried other enigma2 images?

• By forced to Tuner B I mean set the preffered tuner to Tuner B, so as you say it uses this first to keep A free. Have tried HDMU but it was really unstable and crashed when I tried to record anything. Just installed Open ATV, this seems to work ok, so I will have a play with it and maybe just leave it (liked the blue skin on vix4). Was using VIX4E2 2.2 009 before, downloaded from vix4projects.com, have also tried 008.

• Surprising since HDMU images are usually the most stable. But I have to admit I have not used any HDMU images in more than a year, maybe two...

You may want to try pauldb's HDMU backup image, it is a little old, but many people have reported it to be quite good. https://linuxsat-support.com/s…28-2e-and-cable(optional)

Or if you are adventurous and want to try some bleeding edge image, I will be posting a new image soon... :)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!