Re-erect motorised dish

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 787 times. The last Post () by dale094.

• I have a motorised dish which I set up very carefully on Thor 0.8 W at the apex of my house. It worked very well for several years but then blew down in a gale. It is no longer possible to re-fit it at the apex of my house or in any position with a view of Thor but I can re-fit it lower down with less visibility. Assuming there is no damage to the motor could I line it up on Astra 2 with a vertical pole and, in theory, have good signals from the satellites within its limited view without further adjustment

• Yes you can. The elevation etc won't have changed just because your moving it lower.
    Is it configured for usals? After you've erected it, tell it to go to Astra and align it by moving the whole assembley left or right for maximum strength.
    The other sats should fall into place if they can be seen from being lower down.

• I have a motorised dish which I set up very carefully on Thor 0.8 W at the apex of my house. It worked very well for several years but then blew down in a gale. It is no longer possible to re-fit it at the apex of my house or in any position with a view of Thor but I can re-fit it lower down with less visibility. Assuming there is no damage to the motor could I line it up on Astra 2 with a vertical pole and, in theory, have good signals from the satellites within its limited view without further adjustment

Word of advice, if you have fitted a dish that blew down then i would not fit another, 100lb+ steel coming down on somebodys head, will kill, get some proffesional help.?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!