Share between dreamboxes on the same LAN

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,427 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• I have a DM 500HD in one room and a 500S in another.

Ive got a local card on the 500HD and that I share to my 500S. That works great.

Now, I have some other C-lines on my 500HD that I would like to share to my 500S. Is that possible? and how do I configure that?

Hope you understand what I mean..

//Niklas

hmmm

DM 500 HD - USB Enabled, Gemini 5.2 | T90 - 1W, 5E, 10E, 13E, 16E ,19E, 23E, 28E

• I assume you sharing your local by creating an FLine on the main box then a Cline with local IP address on the 2nd box?
    As long as you haven't added restrictions to the end of the lines, then any reshares should pass across also.

The thing to bear in mind is that you can't just pass on every share to your other box. You must be allowed a reshare to pass it on.

• Okay..thanks, this is the c-line Im trying to pass on from the 500hd to the 500s :

C: host port user passwd no { 0:0:2 }

am I allowed a reshare on that c-line ?

Niklas

DM 500 HD - USB Enabled, Gemini 5.2 | T90 - 1W, 5E, 10E, 13E, 16E ,19E, 23E, 28E

• You put the FLine on the HD:
    F: user pass
    And on the 500S:
    C: 192.168.x.x portnumber user pass

Put nothing else on the end and you'll pass on everything your allowed to. Reshares are really controlled by the source as to how many times a card can be passed on.

If none of your Clines have allowed you reshare, then you won't be able to pass anything on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!