Crossepg takes ages and freezes

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,013 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• I am running openvix latest image on Edision mini. Crossepg takes ages for example yesterday it was more than 1 hour and had to restart because it froze. It seems parsing takes forever.

I have standard broadband.

No matter what device I save to it seems it fails.

I looked in the log and there are references to failed parsing tmp files like this one

Failed to parse /media/hdd/crossepg/crossepg.tmp.3oUYt1 for new events!

• Official Post

When people say CrossEPG, they never say what in CrossEPG downloader they enabled.

Depending on image, you should be able to select where the EPG is saved.

A setup to consider....

Use CrossEPG (OpenTV 28.2) for Sky UK

For Internet "gathering", i.e RyTec EPg data, don't use CrossEPG, use EPG/XMLTV importer instead

Do not use two source for the same provider. I.e do not use Cross and Rytec for Sky together.

On OpenVix, the methodology is to do things one by one. This is why Cross takes forever for internet stuff. You then lose control of your box until it has finished. The version of CrossEPG downloader used by OE-A images, is partly coded by AndyBlac so it will do one thing at a time too.

• You shouldnt need a swap file on that box but sound like your flash getting full. Saving EPG to USB???

No. I have plenty of memory, 285 mb on flash. Also 480 gb on ext HDD I also tried on USB flash with 6 gb free.

• Ringok84

Hi I hav zgemma h 2 s i hav slyk q skin and when I try 2 download epg from all the different providers it's just freezes . It downloads a few but I want 2 download all sky channels and free sat epg and get them 2 save on my box . Could some 1 out there help me with this on what I hav 2 do Not the best at this kinda stuff I'm learning .id appreciate it thanks ?

• Ya I hav the picons on USB stick. I read on another post when u select epg and try download it looks as if it's freezeing but it actually downloading and takes 30 mins 2 do that . And after that reboot the box and it should b sorted is that right ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!