My Vu DUO is stuck only a red light on front panel + no picture no image ??

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,325 times. The last Post () by andymc1.

• Hi Guys,

I have had a Vu Duo + That up until now worked perfect but just over a week now i have had nothing ,

It use to freeze every now and then but as long as i turned button at rear of box off then back on it would re boot just fine, so last week only difference was there was no picture just black screen, so i turned off at rear and back on but nothing.

Not even anything on front panel of box ie VU DUO + then starting but nothing nada.

Is my box dead what can i do to fix this.

I use to have black hole version 2.07

Please advise as i am missing my satellite massively ??

Thanks

Carmine

• remove all usb / hdd and try flash again in diff usbports also try a diff USB device

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• remove all usb / hdd and try flash again in diff usbports also try a diff USB device

no usb in box i have internal hard drive wont need to remove that will i lol ?

i would try installing without it attached YES i would ;)
    what i am saying is try REINSTALL without any other device attached
    weither it be a USB or HDD internal , i have seen installed HDD cause DUPO to refuse intalles
    but it will ensure every fault test iss did to see whats up :) lol

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• after its disconeted that HDD in it till dont work the try a DIFF USB pref mine in kingston they just work mind FAT32 to format :P

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• i was thinking it could be internal like a capacitor

could very well be asitz know to happen too DUO there is post about it on here to
    but like i sat port 1 fault test to see if just usb/hdd/port on stb ussed for USB :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• try google i dont have any picturz to hand unfort :(

these show up as imagess of what to look at :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited once, last by TH3-J0K3R ().

• If your not 100% competant in soldering etc then take it to your local electronic / electrical repair shop.... the capicitors themselves are pence to buy and its a 10 min job max to carry out the repair. You could probably get the job done for a few quid.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If your not 100% competant in soldering etc then take it to your local electronic / electrical repair shop.... the capicitors themselves are pence to buy and its a 10 min job max to carry out the repair. You could probably get the job done for a few quid.

hi mckee25,

long time no speak

you think its capacitor then not worth trying to disconnect internal hard drive and seeing if it will re flash ??

also read somewhere that you can try with rs232 lead ??

• If your not getting anything on front screen etc then it is defo a power supply problem... the duo is notrious for it. Why not take the top of the duo and have a look at the power supply board... you will see the top (caps) blown out and this should confirm that it needs the capicitors replaced.

What did they say over at vuplus community where you posted about this problem???

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If your not getting anything on front screen etc then it is defo a power supply problem... the duo is notrious for it. Why not take the top of the duo and have a look at the power supply board... you will see the top (caps) blown out and this should confirm that it needs the capicitors replaced.

What did they say over at vuplus community where you posted about this problem???

i haven`t posted on vu plus community

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!