VPN

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,209 times. The last Post () by st3ph3n.

• Good Evening,

Since yesterday, I have been trying to install a VPN on my Vu+ Solo2. I have tried PIA using the instructions on the site here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.…ess&highlight=private+vpn, with no success. I then tried Cyberghost, who also have a decent set of instructions and a tool which makes [almost] all you need as a download. PIA just refuses to start the OpenVPN plugin and Cyberghost "hangs" at boot time. Any help to sort this out would be very welcome. Thanks for reading. Regards.

Maurice.

• Maurice

If this is for Geolocating purposes have you considered a dd-wrt capable router?

Most builds come with pre-installed with PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN options

I know this doesn't fix your problem directly but it's a solution - let your router do the all the work.

Regards

W

• Thanks for the response. I did flash my current router with dd-wrt and could not get on with that. AsusWRT has been released by Merlin for 3 Routers other than Asus, works a treat and I am currently sorted. Thanks again, regards.

M.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!