Wetek play no satellite signal

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,226 times. The last Post () by gullon.

• Hi

I hope some can help me here with my Wetek play box. Its been troubleing for a while, but it use to loose sattellite signal some time 30-40 minutes or so and channel would freeze. i had to swith the box off for 30 minute befor it would start to work agine and then it would do the same agian after working for a while. But now it has completly stoped finding any signal. The streaming side of the bos via internet still works fine and can go on view as long as i want.

I know its not cooling issue as i have opened the box and put a fan over it temporaly to see if would carry on working but it frooze again. I have also eliminated the tuner as I have another Wetek box and swapped the tuners and both tuners worked fine in the working box with same satellite input. But both tuners not working inthe faulty box. So its oviously something wrong with the hardware on faulty box. Can it be fixed? if yes what to look for? Or is it goosed ready for the bin :cursing:

Thanks for the help.

br

• if its the twin sat tuner,try and switch one of the tuners off, iv had a few problem with the wetek just losing one of the tuners and on one occasion never to come back, but another tuner unit works fine, its a strange problem that i never sorted, wetek was good enough to send me a new tuner unit

• Hi

Thanks to both of you for the replies. The box is out warrenty (by 3 months). Like I said before I know its not the tuner fault because I have another Wetek box and both the tuners work fine in this box. When I try both the tuners in faulty box there is no signal. I have also tried diffrent Enigma 2 images, openlec and Android. They all come up with same problem. There mush be someting wrong with board for sattelite side. The streaming works flawless.

br

• In that case, if it's the tunner connectors on the board i don't see a way to make it work.

Did you tried to contact the support?

See if they have some kind of way to repair and what are the costs of it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!