MGCamd and OSCam problems on vuplus solo4k

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,060 times. The last Post () by Haris_786.

• Thanks master G. I was hoping you could advise me on 2 problems, or if you want me to open a new thread i could do that too.

Basically I have a Solo4k and have installed the above oscam-emu 4k but it seems to perform a lot more worse than the Mgcamd 1.35 - i've installed the ipk, converted an N: line to oscam.server and it freezes and stutters a lot, i've heard that oscam is supposed to be very good, i think i might I might need to tweak something, do you know what i need to tweak to get better performance/consistency?

Lastly, i have a Solo2 with mgcamd 1.45 and that works really good, it is much better than my solo4k with mgcamd 1.35 as that has noticeable more glitching - I was wondering if in the future they would ever make 1.38 or 1.45 compatible with the 4k receivers? Sorry for the long questions, i really appreciate your help.

• Official Post

@Haris_786 i`ve moved your questions into its own thread.

If you have used cccam2oscam converter it will have created some values that cause freezing / stuttering.

Remove these from the reader in oscam.server:

1. inactivitytimeout=1
    2. reconnecttimeout=30
    3. lb_weight=100

I may be wrong, but It doesn`t seem likely there will ever be any new versions of mgcamd for arm based 4k receivers.

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!