Need Help Setting up CCCam + Oscam on Ubuntu server 10.04

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,664 times. The last Post () by fulgas.

• Hi Guys

I'd like to share my S*y within my house (3 rooms) and other 4 friends outside the house. I have 3 boxes (HD SAB Unixf + Solo, DM 500S, and HD Openbox S10) and my friends have either DM500S or INET300S.

1 - I downloaded Ubuntu server 10.04 and installed it on my PC. It is running Ok on my DHCP network.
    What should I do next?
    Do I need to change the network setting to static before installing the CCcam + Oscam scripts?

2 - Do I need a smartcard reader or any of my boxes will do the configuration?

3 - I have being reading about few automated installation CCcam/Oscam scripts on the forum...Can you please advise which one works with the version of Ubuntu I have installed?

Am a newbie to Linux and CS..However I am not bad @ PC

Thank you All in advance

• for question 1 - you need to change it to static

have a read of this for answer to question 2 - you might get away without a smartreader

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…-connect-oscam-cccam.html
    with above tutorial, remember where it has 127.0.0.1 - change to the ip of your receiver where the card is. Use your DM500s
    above method only to be used with receivers on the same internal network as your server.

for question 3, you will need CCcam 2.1.3 or you will need a smartcard reader as above won't work.

all the information is in the forum, just takes a while to sink in, but it will all click into place!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Official Post

Download CCcam 2.1.3 from the Dedicated Addons Server on the image.

• Thank you Master G

I just followed your instructions and installed "Nabilo CCcam info plugins V 1.0 (Autoinstall package). I also got into the Cams, and installed CCcam 2.1.3 complete....

All working fine now but CCcam 2.2.1 is still showing in Menu....Is that normal?

Thank you so much

Download CCcam 2.1.3 from the Dedicated Addons Server on the image.

• Thank you...I wouldn't worry myself about that as I well know now that my DM 500s is just running on CCcam 2.1.3

I better try to set the box now for the internal card reading

Cheers

Yes its normal, you will have to uninstall it with the addons manager.

• [quote='musogeek','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=45825#post45825']for question 1 - you need to change it to static

I have been trying to change the DHCP to static network. Every time I finish I loose the internet connection. I don't know where I am going wrong. In fact I have been taking the following steps:

I enter command code: sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

and then change DHCP to STATIC, then add:

address : 109.xxx.xxx.xxx (this my PC ip address)
    netmask : 255.255.255.0 (Subnet mask address)
    gateway : 192.xxx.xx.x (my Router ip address)

then I reboot the server. After rebooting, the server goes and remains off line...

I have a lynksis router WRP 400...Do I have to amend any setting to get the server connected?

Since I am only want to share within the house and with couple of friends...Can I use my own PC IP address (or Router ip address) as the hostname?

Please need help?

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!