Ubuntu + Oscam + Omnikey

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,395 times. The last Post () by marvellouz_uk.

• hey guys,

Im having a few issues with my ubuntu server running OSCam;

My setup is as follows, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit, OSCam 1.10 Stable and CSP... Cardreaders: 3 X Omikey 3121 USB with Rom 142 ZON TVCabo. (I have also tested other versions of OSCam)

sometimes the server runs smoothly for days on end without a problem and then randomly sometimes ever day or every couple of days the cardreaders appear as "OFF" in the oscam webinterface, sometimes just the 1 reader and other time 2 or even all of them appear as "OFF" rebooting oscam doesnt seem to fix the problem, I have to physically disconnect and reconnect the USB cardreaders to get them going again or even sometimes in worse case scenarios I have to reboot the whole computer to get it going again...

Ive had a look around and haven't really found a lot of information on this issue... other than that the problem is likely to be "pcscd" installed on the ubuntu. I have looked through the logs and have found this error;

Mar 19 20 : 06 : 36 ubuntu-laptop pcscd: eventhandler.c:333:EHStatusHandlerThread() Error communicating to: OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00
    Mar 19 20 : 06 : 41 ubuntu-laptop pcscd: ccid_usb.c:596:WriteUSB() usb_bulk_write(007/005): Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 19 20 : 06 : 41 ubuntu-laptop pcscd: ifdwrapper.c:469:IFDStatusICC() Card not transacted: 612

At the moment only 1 reader is appearing as "OFF" the other 2 are still working...

does anyone know how to fix this problem? :haha:

Thanks guys

• Hi
    Not sure if this is related to your problem.

But have you edited the /etc/init.d/pcscd file so you do not get the never ending log file which causes the the service to crash.

This happens usually after a day or so after the log file increases to massive size.

nano /etc/init.d/pcscd

There look next lines:
    # if you need to pass arguments to pcscd you should edit the file
    # /etc/default/pcscd and add a line
    # DAEMON_ARGS="--your-option"

And please change it to:
    # if you need to pass arguments to pcscd edit to:
    DAEMON_ARGS="--error"

And hit from the keyboard ctrl+o and enter to save the changes and ctrl+x to exit

Next command to restart pcsc:
    /etc/init.d/pcscd restart

• I have a similar problem
    Omnikey stops reading the card oscam is OK
    I pull it out of the USB and put it back and its OK again
    The PCSCD has

DAEMON_ARGS="-e"

Is this the same as "-DAEMON_ARGS="--error"

• Next command to restart pcsc:
    /etc/init.d/pcscd restart[/QUOTE]

My problem happens about 1ce a week so I thought I would try
    just changed to --error option and tried to run pcscd again using pcscd restart but got unknown option: restart

• Linux has changed how you stop/start/restart a service /etc/init.d/servicename restart is long gone.

Simply servicename restart ie

pcscd restart

When you do /etc/init.d/servicename restart

It actually tells you in the error what to do :)

[edit] any errors with servicename restart usually means the service is

1. Either not running.
    2. Does not have a restart cmd, so you'd servicename stop, edit whatever file needs edited, then servicename start.

• Can't see it being just that though guys, if pcscd crashed surely all the omnikeys would stop working no?

Hi,
    Have you already found the solution for putting the Omikey 3121 USB reader working without problems with rom142?
    Thanks.

• Another solution that worked for me was to uninstall all pcsc drivers using this:

Code
    apt-get remove pcscd libccid opensc

Reboot

then install PCSCLite with this:

Code
    apt-get install pcscd opensc

Install latest official HID x86 omnikey drivers:
    ifdokccid_linux_i686-4.0.5.tar.gz
    ftp above file (as is) to /tmp

Code
    cd /tmp
    tar -xzvf ifdokccid_linux_i686-4.0.5.tar.gz
    cd ifdokccid_linux_i686-4.0.5
    ./install

Then run:

Code
    opensc-tool -l

to see if your omnikey's are recognised & get the device ID's

Change oscam.server to suit & reboot...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 3 times, last by thatfellow ().

• sync
    I appreciate your suggestion but i would prefer in that case to go back to smargos.

thatfellow
    I have tried your suggestion... lets see how long it goes working well. I will you feedback in the next days. Many thanks.

• Yes, restart oscam every day

Fook dat.... currently 17 days online using debian.....i actually had a similar problem with ubuntu in the past, however, i never looked into it to much as i switched to debian but i could have looked into manual driver installs for readers i was using at the time but i decided to sack ubuntu and use debian and i have never looked back ! if i use 64 bit or more top end 32 bit systems in the future i may dabble with ubuntu again.

I think debian is the way to go with older 32 bit machines doing what we are doing:) just my opinion.

MK

• thatfellow
    I have tried your suggestion... lets see how long it goes working well. I will you feedback in the next days. Many thanks.

I give up... :(
    It worked well for 1 and half day, but after it the omnikey reader went again to the situation of not properly retrieving the ECM from the card.
    I'm going back to smargo since with it I do not have any problems with Oscam+Nagra3 card.
    Many thanks for the suggestions.

I think debian is the way to go with older 32 bit machines doing what we are doing:) just my opinion.

MK

I would agree... I did sort this issue with Ubuntu but I then switched to Debian & never had any issue with multiple omnikeys..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• If some one like myself that are not linux experts and
    managed to sort the problem out by updating to a newer version
    got used to some ubuntu commands then went to debian might
    not be that easy,,
    after upgrading, i never had to do lsusb/ nano /etc/init.d/pcscd
    # DAEMON_ARGS="--your-option"
    Or any of that boll__ks, on verion 13.04/13.1
    Version12 broke my melt and several others on this site
    It found the readers and setup with them up with no intervention
    just taught i would get my two-pence worth in Annie

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!