How to setup access remotely to OpenWebif after setting up OpenVPN

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,239 times. The last Post () by frund.

• I recently set up OpenVPN on my Vu Solo2 (vix) and it's working great, however I now obviously can not access openwebif externally (outside my home).

I know that I need to change or set something up on my router and change ports etc. but I am not sure exactly what.

I would be grateful if someone could please guide me, I tried looking on the web but I just can't get my head around it! :\

So i basically have PIA vpn and have set that up on my receiver which is working, in OpenWebif I have turned HTTP and HTTPS OFF and have enabled the option "Enable VPN Access" which I set to YES. I don't really get which port number i now need to use or which hostname I need to use, I am currently using a dynamicdns hostname which is and I forwarded port on my router (just a random number which i set in openwebif) and that's how I basically used to stream my box from outside my network.

My router is a Netgear R7000 there is an option there to Enable VPN which I have ticked.

Which hostname and port number would i need to use? And in OpenWebif do I enable HTTP or HTTPS?

Thank you!! ?(?(

• A shame no replies as this is my situation also. Not good a Ports, Dynamic dns sorter outer and there probably is a lot more.

Poor Sky router also so was in need of Major help possibly a whole team of people.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!