Sat signal 0 on both tuners , 2 dishes/lnbs tested - faulty box?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,949 times. The last Post () by frazier.

• ok been passed a freinds qbox hd mini , reporting 0 signal in satfinder on both tuners, my dishs/lnbs work ok so its not that, sat meter on the back does not light up as though no voltage is being output? , is it as simple as just a faulty box??? , cant see any lnb power options anywhere???? think it may just be under warranty???

• Open up the receiver to see if the tuners are connected correctly inside - tuners in the Qbox are rem***ble, and are easy to check - each tuner should fit firmly on several rows of pins, and one should overlap the other, and then is kept in place with a screw. Inside there are also 2 patch leads running from the tuners to the input and outputs on the back of the receiver. Make sure these are tight and installed correctly.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• because the unit has plug and play tuners, you would usually find that the warranty is still intact - I know that if it was bought from sat-shop for example, they would accept a return from the original purchaser within the warranty period. These boxes are usually quite good, wondering if you have tried reflashing it?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• turns on its the fly leads / patch leads from the internal tuners to the external connectors - the give away was sat shop saying they woul accept a return ' but the cables from the tuners to the back wernt covered!! - just made my own patch leads direct to the tuners and signal is BACK :-)

• Open the menu and go to the channel search, tuner configuration and make the settings of the tuner, should be enabled, not enabled automatically. put the settings according to your system.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!