Some issues with new S11 pls help

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,666 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Hi Guys,
    Just bought an openbox S11 for a mate to use. So I connected it on my quad lnb I have a dreambox running (well three in fact) all ok. I have read on other forums that quad LNB and openbox is a known issue?? have done a new channel scan and they all seem to appear but the likes of dave and universal plus lots more have "no Signal" I also had issues with CCcam.cfg. I could not download it via USB nor using STBHD LAN. I have since discovered that this is because the latest image has avatar cam on it and due to payserver info within the cccam.cfg the download has been disabled so I managed to set the cccam up manually from the handset by going into Network> then Cccam and putting in the host info which was my local oscam server 192.168.xx.xxx then the Port 134xx then the user and password as set in oscam user. This burst into life and I could view the scrambled channels locally. (well the ones that had a signal )

To check the signal issue I took it to a mates who Has a dreambox on one feed that I set up for him and he has a cline to me. This works fine. I put the openbox s11 on his feed and sure enough it looks like I am getting the channels which were missing on my quad feed but scrambled. I thought the only thing I would need to do was to delete server 1 that I created as a local and recreate one using my Dyndns address instead of my local IP. I did this but it says not connected??? I cant get this to work as I cant download the cfg file due to Avatar Cam. Any Ideas guys. Cheers

• Quick question before I go ahead. Cant find the recommended step by step for a flash but I have it on my usb and know where to go to flash it in the menu but should I do a factory reset first or can I just go for it. Again cheers guys best to ask a silly question to be shure LOL

• A factory reset wont do it any harm as it will just as it says restore to factory settings, then update new F/W via your usb m8!!!!

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• OK did it and used the image with the embedded channel list http://linuxsat-support.com/op…-sgtflipflop-openbox.html cheers anonomous and Big Kid for this image. Sorted my cccam.cfg out now as well woz trying to load a full cfg file like on linux boxes. much easier with just one line LOL have saved that plus the image. Still missing channels but am sure thats down to my quad lnb. Back around my m8s tomorrow to test it again. Again cheers guys gr8 forum.

• Quick question before I go ahead. Cant find the recommended step by step for a flash but I have it on my usb and know where to go to flash it in the menu but should I do a factory reset first or can I just go for it. Again cheers guys best to ask a silly question to be shure LOL

1º- Backup all your files.
    2º- Factory reset
    3º- Upgrade USB

Note: If you have problems using prebuild list, please use your own.
    Sometimes prebuild list fails.

• Cheers for quick reply Alibaba no I have set it to manual after it picks up an IP addy should it be DHCP. ? I just assumed it was like I set the network up on a dreambox

If your router supports DHCP turn it ON and click Apply.

If your router do not support DHCP you will be required to set it up manually, click Apply once you have set it up correctly.
    Now reboot your receiver and that should be JOB DONE!

• Tried DHCP whilst I was awaiting a response m8 still the same. Has this login with a KO! and a sad smiley. On static do I need to put the correct primary and secondary dns servers as per my service provider or will the gateway address do? Anyway tried all combos but no joy Works fine locally. GGGGGrrrrrrrr

Just FYI I am trying from my home and not a remote location should that make any difference. so I am asking a box that is attached to my local network to go out onto the internet and retuen through my router via port forwarding to connect. Trying to teat it before I drive 20 miles to set it up for my m8

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!