What is CCcam stands for and Is it legal to use and how it works ??

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,252 times. The last Post () by Tarun.S.

• Hi, ppl , I am new to this CCcam I need some information regarding its operation and what it dose regarding satellite bouquets and channels and its legality to use regarding decoding paid bouquets and channels and are CCcams one or many types for different bouquets and channels . Pleasr Advice .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A.M.AL-MADHI

• derrrr what sort of a question is that,, sorry but either your very nieve or very stupid if u think its legal.

its legal in certain countries to watch your own card in your own house ,, but to watch other peoples viewing cards in certain countries is illegal,

• promo7uk not sure if it is nice to mock others for their ignorance or lack of knowledge, because you only know something if you know something. If you read the post it does not indicate that he understands the concept of how CCcam is used and indeed what for - i.e. cardsharing, so withouth knowing this, then questions over its legality might be raised for a complete newbie.

Anyway al madhi, to answer your question, firstly, what it stands for, I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you what it does. Basically, it allows you to share a card over a network, and receive a shared card over a network, there is also some functionality in allowing it to decrypt using keys that are kept in a file locally for some offline use, but this is limited. The legality of cardsharing is quite clear when it comes to you bypassing having to pay the provider to receive the channels you are watching, although the legality is somewhat unclear when CCcam is used to share a card you paid for in your own network, although usually the latter would be a breach of contract with many providers, as it is hard to see what laws they could enforce.

The way CCcam was intended to be used was for enthusiasts with motorised satellite dishes and linux receivers to be able to watch foreign channels where they may not be able to obtain subscriptions for the services they want to watch, or for practical reasons where they can't have lots of cards without buying more equipment. By sharing the card that they subscribe to, in return they get a share off the person they share their card with, and this allows the user to build up a number of virtual cards. Some people may use it by buying a limited card at a lower cost to a full subscription and sharing this with others who have different cards or services, in order to pay less than the full subscription cost of the services they want. If anyone asks you to pay them any money for a share of their card(s), then you should never accept this and pay, because these people are scum and are ruining the hobby. CCcam is for sharing, and there is plenty of information on this forum if you intend to learn how to do it.

Cardsharing is illegal outside your own network, and you use it at your own risk and at your responsibility!! The information on this forum is for information purposes only.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Great explanation from musogeek about CCcam, all I would add is CCcam does not have to be used for card sharing, it could be used on a single standalone receiver for example with no network connection at all to allow the receiver to read your official viewing card for use on that receiver only. For example we have a lot of customers that own motorhomes and caravans that have an official receiver with official viewing card at home, when they go away in the motorhome/caravan they have a second receiver in there that they want to use to allow them access to the same TV they have at home, so they'll take their card with them while away to use in their second receiver. This generally would not actually be illegal but most probably officially is against the terms of your subscription with the said provider, so you could never as such get in legal trouble with this but the provider could if they wanted terminate your subscription, but it's highly unlikely this would ever actually happen if all you are doing is using this in your motorhome/caravan.

The other aspect is CCcam for example will let you use many different types of encryption cards with your third party receiver, but it's not officially licensed to do so, so lets say you have a Viaccess card, CCcam is not officially licensed by Viaccess so again officially they are doing something without the official license to do so, I would say this is a very grey area as to who if anyone would be liable for something like and if that could really be called illegal and I really wouldn't loose sleep over it but this is the very reason we ourselves don't generally offer to install softcams for our customers on various different models.

• 'CCcam' is a softcam or emulator.

In order to descramble encrypted broadcasts a 'Conditional Access Module' or Cam is required within a receiver. Combined with a suitable legitimate viewing card the use of control word/key enables broadcasters to encrypt transmissions at broadcast and decrypt at reception.

Originally Conditional Access Modules were hardware driven, a bit like PCMCIA cards which you could insert into a receiver and then a viewing card could be inserted into the module itself.

As receivers have evolved over time the hardware side of Cam's has been superceded by software, meaning you can program a soft version of a particular cam into receivers. Hence the term 'softcam'.

There are a variety of softcams/emulators available and CCcam is just one. I believe it stands for Client Card Conditional Access Module.

There is nothing illegal about it. Unfortunately it's various abilities can be exploited for illegal card sharing purposes.

• Truly appreciate it when some guys with the knowledge can add to the reservoir of explanations to this minefield of satellite comma.

Cheers

• Hi Everyone, the information mentioned here is really helpful. I'm trying to understand what type of encryption is used by coaxial cable based providers? So far, I could understand that my local cable providers use DVB-C technology and says nagra followed by some codes. Is there a way, I can understand the version details and configure the same pattern e.g. box number etc on the Linux based box to use same details but two different boxes at the same time in my house?

Sent from my YU5510 using Tapatalk

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!