Do I need to update bootloader on Ultimo?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,954 times. The last Post () by mutz nutz.

• Hi all

I just got an Ultimo, so newbie here!

Ive been researching which image to flash, and I think I will go with Vix.

I read in a few places, that before you flash this image you need to update the bootloader. But, I cant find an Ultimo bootloader? Do I need to flash it? How do I check the version of the current one?

Many thanks for any advice

• The Uno and the Ultimo were released fully ready to go with the 3.1.1 linux kernel and larger images so there is no need for a bootloader upgrade. at most you may need to flash the latest FPGA upgrade, but even thats unlikely.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks guys. I will do the image this evening!

Shall I go ahead and install the latest TSpanel? Is it the same version as the dreambox file?

• the ts panel does come in handy but i personally find it to be the lazy mans option. there is nothing there that i could not source and install my self in under 2 minutes

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Some people find it easier m8 to use the ts panel. and yes anybody could source the info on the tspanel but why bark when you can get a dog ;)

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!