DM500HD with A8P sim. Time bomb?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 744 times. The last Post () by uncinogb.

• Has anybody heard if DreamMultimedia have created a time bomb, or similar, for the A8P card? Is it safe to upgrade to the latest official DM images with improved flash error correction? Has anybody flashed one of the latest (after 05 September 2011) official DM images on an A8P clone without any problem?

I have just purchased an old DM500HD with the A8P card and a very crummy image and would like to flash something better (ideally OpenPLI 4), but I am scared that the latest orginal images might carry some nasty surprises and I might end up with an expensive door stopper ;(. Your input is much apprecated.

• Thanks Compo. Following your confirmation I took the plunge and updated my box with the latest official DM image. Not only it worked just fine, but when I run the DM Authenticity Test it checked out correctly as an original box. I was amazed particularly as I read that the sim A8P boxes had all the same mac address. How is it possible that such common mac address checks out correctly with the DM Authenticity site? My mac is 00 09 34 2b 99 fe. Does anybody know if this is the normal A8P address?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!