Openvpn Weird Issue

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 788 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi folks,

I have been setting up an old DM800HD clone receiver with a blackhole image. I managed to get OpenVPN working however it doesn't activate automatically. When I go to the menu and openvpn and hit activate i get the message "you have to activate openvpn before to start".

So next I tellnet to my box and run /etc/init.d/openvpn start - it says client failed > password serverp2p however if I then go back into my OpenVPN menu it says running. So I do a grep "IP address is" on the box and it shows up with the IP for Amsterdam - yes my VPN has connected. This is brilliant only downside is I have to do this everytime i reboot the box. Would love to know if there is a way to get this to do this from startup.

Thanks

• Have you tried setting it up as a cron job?

You should be able to set it up to run hourly/daily/weekly/monthly etc.

It is in menu-timers-cron timers in vix image.

I haven't tried myself so let us know how you get on

• Have you tried setting it up as a cron job?

You should be able to set it up to run hourly/daily/weekly/monthly etc.

It is in menu-timers-cron timers in vix image.

I haven't tried myself so let us know how you get on

That's what I want to do but I'm not sure how to set up that command /etc/init.d/openvpn start - do i place it in some sort of notepad file and save it as .sh and then upload to the cron folder?

• If you are using a very new image, they have got rid of the old busybox cron and replaced it with the full component called cronie.

The old cron busy box had a default root file that you could amend to automatically run your scripts.

Cronie doesn't have this emtpy root file by default. So you need to manually set on up your first cron via the cron timers menu.

Once you have set it up once via the menus, you can then manually edit it however you like to run your scripts.

Maybe this is the problem you have.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!