Is it possible to ADD functions from one SKIN to another?

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,889 times. The last Post () by genius5000.

• if you are faffing with skin codes, i always recommend using a proper xml editor. Notepad++ is ok, but something like xml wrench which is free is much better as it has built in syntax checker.

I am actually ! I was gonna ask anyway ...

Which FREE ones you'd recommend ?

Any one of those or skin editor would let me view the edited version instantly?

Right now, I am always uploading it to the box each time :(

Btw, off topic ... great UX design/functionalites of this forum, brilliant look, excepting the roundish avatars.

• I don't mind giving guidance, but I am not going to write this for you. Google is your friend. There are literally hundreds of skins you can download that has these elements in that you can use as reference.

only getting % symbol.. Is the size of the label large enough?

SNR text. You need to write as a seperate elabel next to your component. <eLabel text="SNR:" ....

for example

Code
    <eLabel text="SNR:" position="675,28" size="55,28" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="blackglass" transparent="1" halign="right" />
    <widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="735,28" size="70,22" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="blackglass" transparent="1">
    <convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
    </widget>

BER is just the same.

Code
    <convert type="FrontendInfo">BER</convert>

SNR DB is just

Code
    <convert type="FrontendInfo">SNRdB</convert>

For screen resolution I have always just used various graphic. Notice I am using a conditional show hide so it only shows if true, plus for the SD ( is not hd) I am using invert. I presume you can just swap out render="Pixmap" to render="Label" or render="FixedLabel" (it might need text="blah blah". Only ever used graphics for this so I don't know)

HD / SD

Code
    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="o-icons/hd.png" position="0,0" size="30,20"  alphatest="blend" zPosition="2">
    <convert type="ServiceInfo">IsHD</convert>
    <convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
    </widget>
    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="o-icons/sd.png" position="0,0" size="30,20"  alphatest="blend" zPosition="2">
    <convert type="ServiceInfo">IsHD</convert>
    <convert type="ConditionalShowHide">Invert</convert>
    </widget>

Screen resolution.

others include

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>

<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"/>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">SubtitlesAvailable</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsStream</convert>

<convert type="ServiceInfo">HasHBBTV</convert>

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Edited once, last by KiddaC ().

• Hi KiddaC, I apologize if I did annoy you with something, didn't mean too. you're doing enough :)

Now, I've done the HD/SD/Res/Screen stuff. Picture attached.

I'm still not successful though with the dB. Nothing appears with the code I modified. Does it perhaps require a screen name ?

When code is inserted under <screen name="IBSNRAGCWidget"> (my current SNR/AGC goes under that name)

then it appears but generates the % numbers from the SNR. See the picture.

So where am I doing it wrong ?

Thanks

• oh ... here are the codes I modified:

<eLabel text="dB:" position="50,700" size="55,24" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" halign="left" />

<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="100,700" size="50,24" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="darkyellow" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1">

</widget>

• I am confused about your screen name. The screen name is InfoBar or SecondInfoBar depending on which one it is showing on.

Yes you can have a template screen name. I.e <screen name="whatever", but to show that in the infobar template you would bring it in as a panel. <panel name="whatever" />. So I presume that is what you are doing.

I have just changed my onxy skin infobar to snr db and it works perfectly fine.

e7dfe76446f734f4b412156a7.png

<eLabel text="SNR:" position="675,28" size="55,28" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="blackglass" transparent="1" halign="right" />

<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="735,28" size="70,22" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="blackglass" transparent="1">

</widget>

• I have just downloaded iflatfhd_v5.4_all.ipk to see exactly how this skin is built. The entire thing is template driven. I also presume it has it own skin builder plugin too, as most of the screens are blank in the original ipk. Jeewhizz this is a complicated skin to learn the ropes with.

Code
    <screen name="InfoBar" position="0,0" size="1920,1080" title="Infobar" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent">
        <!--/* Widgets -->
        <panel name="IBSeasonsWidget" />
        <panel name="IBTunerWidget" />
        <panel name="IBResolutionWidget" />
        <panel name="IBSNRAGCWidget" />
        <panel name="IBIconsWidget" />

• Yes, it is a bit confusing for me as well.

There are 2 skinparts (as they call it) in 2 xml files.

1) Has a screen name Infobar. The same page also has the 2nd Infobar stuff. ... and its codes are as follows:

<screen name="InfoBar" position="0,0" size="1920,1080" title="Infobar" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent">

<!--/* Widgets -->

<panel name="IBSeasonsWidget" />

<panel name="IBResolutionWidget" />

<panel name="IBSNRAGCWidget" />

<panel name="IBIconsWidget" />

<panel name="IBNumberNameWidget" />

<panel name="IBWeatherWidget" />

<panel name="IBTimeWidget" />

<panel name="0_877_1920_1" />

<panel name="p_bottombar" />

and so on ...............

2) The other xml page has no particular name, but thats where most of my codes, are, incl. SNR AGC HD RES CHANNEL NAMES ....

Your new pasted code for dB is identical as mine (excepting the positions, colours, etc)

I've tried the codes all evening on both the xml pages ... but no luck by either of them.

I also tried google ... this code is the way to go, they all says.

As I mentioned in the beginning, when I use the HD Glass 17 skin which has dB, it works fine.

So it is not the issue of VU+ Duo2 or VTi image as some older threads were suggesting.

The creator of this skin (iFlatHD) wouldn't help me either as they dont think dB is anything important!

So far, I've tried everything in my way, but I know there has to be something I am doing wrong.

I obviously cant figure it out as I do not have any 'basic' knowledge in xml coding.

• ftp into your box. copy your frontendinfo.pyo. And upload it here. (you might need to zip it)

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter

and I cant even test your skin for you as I dont have a 1080 compatible sat box.

Why don't you just write your code in the infobar screen rather than bringing it in as a template screen panel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!