Vu Duo problems

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,098 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi Guys
    having a few problems with my sons duo, mainly driving the motor.
    I have fitted a new superior darkmotor tracks from 30 w to 42 e all good signals
    twin lnb motor on tuner A set to simple usals tuner B 2nd cable lnb.
    sometimes vu drives the dish other times it won't move east or west unless I go in the menu and send
    the motor to 0 then it will work again for a little while. I have disabled limits (limits off)The led lights on the motor are not lit'
    I have checked and double checked all connections and there is nothing wrong there.
    I have disconnected the lnb cable to tuner B at lnb and vu, and tried it on tuner A and motor.If there was
    a problem on cable or connections I wouldn't get the signal readings I am getting.
    still the same problem. I don't think if it was a cable problem that 2 cables would be faulty.
    Image is bh media tree' I have also tried various channel settings to see if the was the problem.
    It's the same no matter which settings I use.
    So this leaves the vu so tomorrow I am going to completely reflash the box (same image) after
    doing a factory reset. Before reflashing do I need to flash duo_cef_3_0_usb again or can I just go ahead
    and flash over the bh image that is already in there.
    Thanks
    jcll

• As you say -you have been using Image is bh media tree' which is with the new kernel 3.1.1 so a reflash shouldnt be any problem,,
    but to be honest there are a lot of "coincidences" with what other users have described,,I have/had the same problem with vu UNO no matter which image I tried..
    .still havent found a way round it as motor is now out of order!!
    why not try a different image + test + compare the results... I cant honestly see it being the image as other users have no problems at all no matter the image..
    sorry ,not being very helpful here but just to give you another "idea"..

• thanks for the reply cazuela
    The main problem is having no led lights lit on the motor.
    Tomorrow I will be taking my sat meter and b/4 I flash the box I will connect it
    the meter to the motor, if the led lights then come on, the problem is with the vu somewhere.
    I will also connect my meter to the receiver end of the cables this should highlight if there are any problems
    with connections or cables. then I will try tuner A and B (set to advanced)on a single cable to the motor to make sure both tuners
    are ok in the vu . I also have a spare fortec star motor which I could connect to the vu to see if the vu will drive it.
    I'll find the problem eventually if I just keep testing everything bit by bit
    Regards
    jcll

• one thing is the power to get to the lnb ( 13v-18v) but another is the -5+ v to drive the motor.
    .I´ve had several probs with this resulting in rewinding the coil in the motor,etc...
    i have finally ( after 6 yrs use) come to the conclusion that i need a new motor :)
    btw ... I usually have it in SIMPLE mode ..USALS ..

• It is set on simple for usals I was thinking of trying advanced just to test.
    The motor by the way is brand new.
    I'll let you know the outcome when I have tested everything tomorrow.
    Regards
    jcll

• I had a similiar problem with a brand new out of the box Dark Motor, when installed it would not move at all if the dish was attached to it,after a few attemps i did mange to get both the led lights to flash which at least indicated to me that it was getting power ok,i reflashed the image etc,it made no difference,i had bought it from the sponsor and returned it under warranty,they exchanged it no problem at all,when the motor was returned to them they bench tested it and it worked no probs (although it wasn't able to be tested with a dish attached),one thing i would say is that the led on the top of the motor never worked for me.

i am now on my second of the same model and again the top led is not working,it never has but the motor works no problem at all.I have searched a popular search engine for information on these faults with the dark motor and there were at least 3 other people with the same problems,perhaps a faulty batch??

just thought i would let you know of my experience with this paticular motor, hope it helps

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks mckee
    This is the second motor the first was a supreme this one is a superior.
    I have been up on the roof today and tested everything the motor will move with my satlink
    meter to all satellites with excellent signals I'm on 30west atm with snr 94% agc 95%.
    but still no lights I am not to bothered about the led lights as long as the motor does what it should do.
    I have also tested the cables form the receiver end with the meter and everything works perfect.
    So there is nothing wrong with dish alignment cables or connections.
    I have also tested the vu on another system and it works perfect.
    So the only thing I can think of is the vu boxes are not compatible with darkmotors
    There is nothing else left to do apart from reflashing the box which I am about to do
    I'll let you know what happens.
    It couldn't possibly be the skin could it I have black shadow 3 installed.
    Regards
    jcll

• I'm using blackshadow 3 myself with no problems buddy,so would rule that out, i know people who are using the superior motor with a duo with no problems at all,both led's flashing and the top led showing which sat you are on.One thing i forgot to tell you is that with the first superior motor i had to get the led lights to work i had to use a different type of f-type connector,sounds unbelieveable but as soon as i changed them the lights came on!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I'm using blackshadow 3 myself with no problems buddy,so would rule that out, i know people who are using the superior motor with a duo with no problems at all,both led's flashing and the top led showing which sat you are on.One thing i forgot to tell you is that with the first superior motor i had to get the led lights to work i had to use a different type of f-type connector,sounds unbelieveable but as soon as i changed them the lights came on!

what all f connectors or just the ones at the motor
    regards
    jcll

• Right what I have done is reflashed the vu with the same image BH M/tree.
    B/4 doing this I did two factory resets to make sure everything was deleted from the box.
    I then flashed the bh m/tree image and sent the channel lists in there with dcc.
    I then connected to the network. at this point I checked on the dish with fta channels and everything
    was fine with the dish moving to every satellite I asked it to with 1 cable connected to tuner A and set to
    simple mode usals. Then i flashed the black shadow skin rebooted the box and the dish was still working ok.
    Then I loaded the tspanel and again rebooted, the dish was still working ok. Then in went CCcam 230 and 221
    reboot, dish ok. then my config file reboot, dish ok. I then connected my second cable to tuner B from my twin lnb
    and set tuner B in the vu menu to second cable from lnb rebooted and the dish was still working ok.
    Finally I put a usb in the back of the box and configured crossepg settings to usb/yes/yes/yes/once a day/09.00/yes/no/no.
    rebooted the vu tried the dish and it wouldn't move east or west and would not recalculate to 0.
    So I then disabled crossepg and guess what the dish was ok again moving to the satellites I told it to
    it appears that crossepg and darkmotor do not mix.
    Everything is now working fine with the dish working as it should.
    Regards
    jcll

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!