Using an External USB HDD with a Vu+ Duo2

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,200 times. The last Post () by busman.

• Hi all, a few weeks ago i decided i would like to remove all my recordings from the internal hard drive on my vu+ and save them on my pc.

I got an External USB hard disk, plugged it into the front usb socket and initialized it from the vix menu.

I copied all my recordings over (3 full season of MotoGP !) and checked they were there, all good !

So today i needed to use my External USB hard drive for something else. I plugged it in the pc (windows7 64bit) and uh oh ! cant read it !

I realized its formatted Ext3 and windows doesn't like it, so i did some research and downloaded a program called Disk Internals Linux Reader.

Woo Hoo ! all my recordings are there !! Only 1 problem, how do i get them off and save them to my pc ??

Has anyone got a way of transferring the recordings this way or am i going to have to put the usb drive back in the vu+ and ftp the lot over the net !

There must be a better way :)

Anyway, thanks for reading, merry christmas and all that and please post if you can help !

Thanks.

• I find using ftp quite slow compared to transferring to usb drive.

For anyone that's interested, Disk Internals Linux Reader will read your usb disk and allow you to copy the recordings over to your windows drive.

I think its quicker then using ftp.

Thanks for the replies.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!