thinking of buying a new sat receiver

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 701 times. The last Post () by Tabare36.

• One of my last receivers was a DM 7020 the old none HD version which had a really good tuner for weak signals but the choice of images was still limited as they were`nt being updated so I went for a VU+ ultimo box a few years ago. In comparison its thresh hold was not as good. Some channels on the weak signals were no longer receiveable but the VU box excelled everywhere else. New images for this are a lot slower appearing as it is getting old. It gets its memory full up when trying to use online services like media portal. It still works well but I was thinking about a change.

Could someone suggest a new receiver with lots of image choice and a good low threshold in case I start moving my dish again.

I have a subscription to a sat service and use its receiver and dish nearly all the time. The other receiver and its dish is just for messing with.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!